Mike Leach: my seniors are "empty corpse quality" | The Boneyard

Mike Leach: my seniors are "empty corpse quality"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
....and some on this board would bring in Petrino.

I agree. It has to be about more than just winning football games, or you are setting yourself up for disaster.

Leach is ticking and it's only a matter of time..............BOOM!

Reaction Score
....and some on this board would bring in Petrino.

I agree. It has to be about more than just winning football games, or you are setting yourself up for disaster.

Leach is ticking and it's only a matter of time..............BOOM!
Ask North Carolina what happens when you bring in one of these guys...I think you guys are right.

Reaction Score
Ask North Carolina what happens when you bring in one of these guys...I think you guys are right.

Rutgers is doing quite well with a trusted guy from the prior head coach. Maybe Hank Hughes should have gotten more consideration.

The Bobby Petrinos and Mike Leach's of the world.....they bring more potential embarrassment than they are worth. You have to draw the line somewhere and I would hope it is well before someone like them. Plus I highly doubt either of them had, or would have any interest.

PWS

Reaction Score
Leach's mouth & unorthodox methods may get him in trouble once in awhile, but he is not "one of these guys" He had a sterling record at Texas Tech on academics and running a clean program. I would take him in a second. He crossed ESPN and they painted a tainted picture of him & hence he was essentially blackballed over the whole Craig James affair

Reaction Score
WERE NOT PLAYING GOSH DAMN INTRAMURALS HERE
Where is Dan Hawkins when you need him. Just kidding.

F

fortebleedsblue

I would take leach in a second over HCPP and Deleone. Our offense would be completely different because his philosophy is the opposite... This isnt WSU ..Imagine what he could do with Davis, Smith, Nick Williams, Phillips Griffen and Delahaunt? It wouldn't be grind it out 3rd and long I'll tell you that much... It also wouldn't be run it 85 % of the time with our only passes being long/deep on late downs. He wouldn't set whiter up for failure. There would be cross routes, screen passes, reverses and high tempo. Leach on O with Don Brown on defense would be a whole different Uconn... Recruiting wise as well. I'd take him in a second anyone else thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

pj

Reaction Score
They lost 19-6. We lost 19-3. Maybe we could come up with a middle ground between P's and Leach's comments, and have the perfect coach.

Reaction Score
You want DeLeone to play ???

imagesCAN88CZ3.jpg

Reaction Score
That was nothing. He was just saying some of his players aren't trying hard enough. It was a little bit odd in terms of word choice but not outrageous by any means.

I'd love to have him here.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with what Leach said and I would have no problem with him in Storrs. I have to assume that the empty corpses in question knew that they got a new coach and with it, new expectations. They've had almost a year to understand that the new boss is not the same as the old boss. If the corpses have blown off their senior year, then good riddance to them.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is doing quite well with a trusted guy from the prior head coach. Maybe Hank Hughes should have gotten more consideration.
I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, PP is blind.

Reaction Score
Leach I'm good with. Petrino no. Clearly he has integrity issues on top of loyalty issues. Petrino is the only guy I would say no to because while I believe he would be an upgrade in play calling I don't believe 1 recruit would believe he would be there for more than 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom