Miffed at Muffet

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by Teacherdeb, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Teacherdeb

Teacherdeb Popular Poster

Muffet's chat during the show- well, feeling the need to zing UCONN for not scheduling them, that was just snarky. Then the comment about getting good at beating UCONN, conveniently ignoring the overall history-that was small and pathetic. Good grief woman, you had the chance twice to take the national championship and you CHOKED! You are a strong coach! Be witty! Be charming! You are better than this.
    NoelAustin and semper like this.
  2. UConnChapette

UConnChapette Bon Coeur

I almost think she was trying to be Genoesque. But she can't pull it off the way Geno can. Then again, even as a joke, I can't see Geno making the "we've gotten good at beating so-and-so" comment. Even THAT is too arrogant for Geno. Muffet may have just provided some great bulletin board material for the Huskies in the event they play for the NC.
  3. Teacherdeb

Yes, I agree.
  4. semper

semper Paleographer

It was very wooden, and not like her. I think she was reading the answers or had them memorized. It was really bad; worst I've seen her. She is usually more playful, interesting.
    S1836 and arty155 like this.
  5. Teacherdeb

I know! I am pretty sure she has a sense of humor and can be clever. Hmmm-
  6. choochoo

choochoo Popular Poster

While she was at it she should have thanked ND for destroying the best Men's and Women's basketball conference EVER!!!!! Never mind Hockey ,soccer , Football and on and on!!!!
  7. TeacherBear

TeacherBear New Member

Given that ND is the one that left your conference, it is really not fair for her to criticize UCONN for not scheduling games. They are the ones who left, why should UCONN be inconvenienced to shuffle its schedule around?
    S1836, NickyNewark, meyers7 and 5 others like this.
  8. RockyMTblue2

RockyMTblue2 Don't Look Up!

Some of you are learning. Muffet is an imperious sort, and the SemiFinal drubbing still stings mightily!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  9. UConnChapette

UConnChapette Bon Coeur

Exactly. I approve of this first post, TeacherBear. Welcome to the Boneyard. So, who's your team?
  10. cohenzone

cohenzone Old Member

If you aren't arrogant when you start coaching at ND, you get the disease rather quickly. She's been there so long that arrogance has become second nature. I have one of two hopes, and frankly don't care which comes to pass. One is that they don't make it out of their region. The second, and of course the sweeter, is that we face them and beat them so bad, the shamrock turns national flag blue.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    2ndCity, uconnell, NoelAustin and 2 others like this.
  11. Sonny44

Sonny44 Popular Poster

Best players, best bench? Will she have her answers all ready when we beat them in the finals.
  12. vowelguy

vowelguy AEIOU

Just trying to pump up her team and get in UConn's head.
    While As a UConn fan I would much rather have them roll over and die, the rivalry and aggressive talk are good for the sport.
  13. reno tony

reno tony Popular Poster

If someone has her email address, please send her a pic of Geno cutting down the net at last years Final Four. That should keep her quiet for a while.

6 TO GO
  14. calpedaler

calpedaler Popular Poster

Or film of Stewie raining baskets on ND in the semis.
    reno tony likes this.
  15. Kibitzer

Kibitzer Sky Soldier

Anyone remember that I posted a few times about "the myth of the Geno/Muffett friendship"?

I have mentioned this in private conversation to a couple Boneyarders. A myth, now becoming apparent to all but the most naive among us.
    RadyLady and pap49cba like this.
  16. DaddyChoc

DaddyChoc Popular Poster

oh I thought they were part of the "Philly Family" who's bond couldn't be broken :rolleyes:
  17. AndyCT

AndyCT Popular Poster

Back in the 70s, the late, very great Richard Pryor had character in his standup named “Mudbone” from down in Tupelo Mississippi. At the end of one his Mudbone stories, after the punch line, he had a follow up or second punch line, “I wasn’t mad no more either.” I can’t remember the story anymore, nor the first punch line, but “I wasn’t mad no more either” has stuck with me to this day.

I’m saying that because I actually still have last year’s Final Four game against Notre Dame on the DVR and, after Muffet’s snarky comments, I’m going to watch that game tonight while I work on the computer. And I’m pretty sure that afterwards, I won’t be mad no more either…
    reno tony, RadyLady, uconnell and 3 others like this.
  18. huskies29

huskies29 Popular Poster

I thought the same thing Deb. She took what should have been a fun fluff piece and somehow produced a cringe inducing interview that will provide bulletin board fodder if they get to the finals to play us again. I suspect she will probably be horrified if she looks at the tape at how she came across. If she looks at the UConn tapes she will see a team with better forwards better guards and a team if they play again will probably beat them worse than they did in last years final.
    Teacherdeb likes this.
  19. Bayareahusky

Bayareahusky Popular Poster

I hate ND, but had no issues with Muffet's comments.....

it will be good to meet them in finals..... lville vs utenn.... wow or umd vs utenn good match ups i bet teen does not even get to FF
  20. Sonny44

Sonny44 Popular Poster

No hate please, it's just a game.
    Butch, semper, terif831 and 3 others like this.
  21. Hongster

Hongster Popular Poster

As Geno put it in the post semi game last year interview. "the one night we have to be better where it counts, and tonight we were a better team" Another word ND choked in big game. LOL
  22. connboy77

connboy77 Popular Poster

The championship game drubbing ND is going to get is going to sting even more!
  23. VAUConnFan

VAUConnFan Popular Poster

Mudbone was telling a story of how he drove from Tupelo to Peoria in a tractor because of his boss' wife, a 465 pound woman with whom he did not get along; She slapped him a few times. Well, on one particular day Mudbone made some modifications to the outhouse with a jigsaw, hid in the bushes, saw the woman going into the outhouse, and then heard a splash. He got in his tractor and drove to Peoria. He wasn't mad no more either:p. (From the album, Was It Something I Said, 1975)
    AndyCT and uconnell like this.
  24. LesMis89

LesMis89 Popular Poster

I switched channels when they started interviewing her. But I'd expect her to say that she has the best team. What's she supposed to say, as the coach of an undefeated team in a competitive conference?

That being said, if we meet them in the finals, I hope UConn stomps them into the ground. NO MERCY!!
    VAUConnFan likes this.
  25. Butch

Butch Balto's keeper

UConn has more non-football national titles than ND. Hope we stay ahead forever.
  26. RockyMTblue2

RockyMTblue2 Don't Look Up!

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-ba...onn-notre-dame-head-ncaa-women-s-field-031714

In above Fox article it's said that the ND team feels their accomplishments this year have been overlooked in favor of UConn's and Muffet is good with that because it can put a little chip on their shoulder. Not exactly strong stuff, but if true, it is something to leave in the locker room, least it be posted in your arch enemy's locker room.
  27. UConnCat

UConnCat Wise Woman

Undefeated, #2 in the country and hosting the regional on its home court and she's talking about chips to place on her team's shoulders? Whatever works, I guess. ND has received plenty of focus this year though maybe a little less than last year when everything was about Diggins. Heck, after UConn soundly beat ND at the FF last year, ESPN's producers decided it was more important for viewers to watch Diggins walk to the ND locker room than to watch the winning team celebrate on the court. Muffet has zero to complain about.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  28. baggerbob

baggerbob Popular Poster

Its great to like your own players, but to say Kayla McBride is the best player is the country is a reach. She might not even be the best player on her own team.
    Kevin G likes this.
  29. NickyNewark

NickyNewark Popular Poster

If it didn't say ND on her chest she'd never be 1st team AA IMO. 1st team all conference in the ACC? Debateable. She might not start at UConn when the rosters fully healthy.Shes very good.....but best ??
    baggerbob likes this.
  30. Kevin G

Kevin G Popular Poster

Exactly!!!
    baggerbob likes this.
Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex