Miffed at Muffet | The Boneyard

Miffed at Muffet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Muffet's chat during the show- well, feeling the need to zing UCONN for not scheduling them, that was just snarky. Then the comment about getting good at beating UCONN, conveniently ignoring the overall history-that was small and pathetic. Good grief woman, you had the chance twice to take the national championship and you CHOKED! You are a strong coach! Be witty! Be charming! You are better than this.

Reaction Score
I almost think she was trying to be Genoesque. But she can't pull it off the way Geno can. Then again, even as a joke, I can't see Geno making the "we've gotten good at beating so-and-so" comment. Even THAT is too arrogant for Geno. Muffet may have just provided some great bulletin board material for the Huskies in the event they play for the NC.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
It was very wooden, and not like her. I think she was reading the answers or had them memorized. It was really bad; worst I've seen her. She is usually more playful, interesting.

Reaction Score
I know! I am pretty sure she has a sense of humor and can be clever. Hmmm-

Reaction Score
While she was at it she should have thanked ND for destroying the best Men's and Women's basketball conference EVER!!!!! Never mind Hockey ,soccer , Football and on and on!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some of you are learning. Muffet is an imperious sort, and the SemiFinal drubbing still stings mightily!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Given that ND is the one that left your conference, it is really not fair for her to criticize UCONN for not scheduling games. They are the ones who left, why should UCONN be inconvenienced to shuffle its schedule around?
Exactly. I approve of this first post, TeacherBear. Welcome to the Boneyard. So, who's your team?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
While she was at it she should have thanked ND for destroying the best Men's and Women's basketball conference EVER!!!!! Never mind Hockey ,soccer , Football and on and on!!!!
If you aren't arrogant when you start coaching at ND, you get the disease rather quickly. She's been there so long that arrogance has become second nature. I have one of two hopes, and frankly don't care which comes to pass. One is that they don't make it out of their region. The second, and of course the sweeter, is that we face them and beat them so bad, the shamrock turns national flag blue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best players, best bench? Will she have her answers all ready when we beat them in the finals.

Reaction Score
If someone has her email address, please send her a pic of Geno cutting down the net at last years Final Four. That should keep her quiet for a while.

6 TO GO

Reaction Score
If someone has her email address, please send her a pic of Geno cutting down the net at last years Final Four. That should keep her quiet for a while.

6 TO GO

Or film of Stewie raining baskets on ND in the semis.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Anyone remember that I posted a few times about "the myth of the Geno/Muffett friendship"?

I have mentioned this in private conversation to a couple Boneyarders. A myth, now becoming apparent to all but the most naive among us.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Anyone remember that I posted a few times about "the myth of the Geno/Muffett friendship"?

I have mentioned this in private conversation to a couple Boneyarders. A myth, now becoming apparent to all but the most naive among us.
oh I thought they were part of the "Philly Family" who's bond couldn't be broken :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Muffet's chat during the show- well, feeling the need to zing UCONN for not scheduling them, that was just snarky. Then the comment about getting good at beating UCONN, conveniently ignoring the overall history-that was small and pathetic. Good grief woman, you had the chance twice to take the national championship and you CHOKED! You are a strong coach! Be witty! Be charming! You are better than this.
Back in the 70s, the late, very great Richard Pryor had character in his standup named “Mudbone” from down in Tupelo Mississippi. At the end of one his Mudbone stories, after the punch line, he had a follow up or second punch line, “I wasn’t mad no more either.” I can’t remember the story anymore, nor the first punch line, but “I wasn’t mad no more either” has stuck with me to this day.

I’m saying that because I actually still have last year’s Final Four game against Notre Dame on the DVR and, after Muffet’s snarky comments, I’m going to watch that game tonight while I work on the computer. And I’m pretty sure that afterwards, I won’t be mad no more either…

Reaction Score

I thought the same thing Deb. She took what should have been a fun fluff piece and somehow produced a cringe inducing interview that will provide bulletin board fodder if they get to the finals to play us again. I suspect she will probably be horrified if she looks at the tape at how she came across. If she looks at the UConn tapes she will see a team with better forwards better guards and a team if they play again will probably beat them worse than they did in last years final.

Reaction Score
I hate ND, but had no issues with Muffet's comments.....

it will be good to meet them in finals..... lville vs utenn.... wow or umd vs utenn good match ups i bet teen does not even get to FF

Reaction Score
As Geno put it in the post semi game last year interview. "the one night we have to be better where it counts, and tonight we were a better team" Another word ND choked in big game. LOL

Reaction Score
Some of you are learning. Muffet is an imperious sort, and the SemiFinal drubbing still stings mightily!

The championship game drubbing ND is going to get is going to sting even more!

Reaction Score
Back in the 70s, the late, very great Richard Pryor had character in his standup named “Mudbone” from down in Tupelo Mississippi. At the end of one his Mudbone stories, after the punch line, he had a follow up or second punch line, “I wasn’t mad no more either.” I can’t remember the story anymore, nor the first punch line, but “I wasn’t mad no more either” has stuck with me to this day.

I’m saying that because I actually still have last year’s Final Four game against Notre Dame on the DVR and, after Muffet’s snarky comments, I’m going to watch that game tonight while I work on the computer. And I’m pretty sure that afterwards, I won’t be mad no more either…

Mudbone was telling a story of how he drove from Tupelo to Peoria in a tractor because of his boss' wife, a 465 pound woman with whom he did not get along; She slapped him a few times. Well, on one particular day Mudbone made some modifications to the outhouse with a jigsaw, hid in the bushes, saw the woman going into the outhouse, and then heard a splash. He got in his tractor and drove to Peoria. He wasn't mad no more either:p. (From the album, Was It Something I Said, 1975)

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
I switched channels when they started interviewing her. But I'd expect her to say that she has the best team. What's she supposed to say, as the coach of an undefeated team in a competitive conference?

That being said, if we meet them in the finals, I hope UConn stomps them into the ground. NO MERCY!!

Reaction Score
UConn has more non-football national titles than ND. Hope we stay ahead forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom