Middlebrooks out with broken wrist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Middlebrooks out with broken wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clemens is an a. Hated him on the Red Sox, Blue Jays and never wanted him on the Yankees. Only reason he got off is MacNemee(or however you spell it) is a lot scummier than Clemens.

I believe Knoblach admitted he did them too. Brown and Justice, why not throw Canseco in too because he played about 50 games for the Yanks.

Jose played 37 with the Yanks and 198 games with the Sox to be exact.........lol..........steroids don't help you throw from 2nd to 1st I guess in Chuck's case huh? LOL

Reaction Score
Clemens is an a. Hated him on the Red Sox, Blue Jays and never wanted him on the Yankees. Only reason he got off is MacNemee(or however you spell it) is a lot scummier than Clemens.

I believe Knoblach admitted he did them too. Brown and Justice, why not throw Canseco in too because he played about 50 games for the Yanks.
I agree with mau, 50% of players using is as good a guess as any and every year that goes by I care less and less.
But it intrigues my if zyron honestly believes that because they were Yankees or once they are Yankees for a certain period of time (I think zy is arguing guys who only had a cup of coffee with Yanks are less accountable) players are more likely to admit to steroid use?

Is this only when caught or are there also spontaneous confessions ?

Reaction Score
I agree with mau, 50% of players using is as good a guess as any and every year that goes by I care less and less.
But it intrigues my if zyron honestly believes that because they were Yankees or once they are Yankees for a certain period of time (I think zy is arguing guys who only had a cup of coffee with Yanks are less accountable) players are more likely to admit to steroid use?

Is this only when caught or are there also spontaneous confessions ?

Viking said Yankee fans don't believe anyone in the core 4 had done it. So I said Pettitte admitted and other Yanks did while the Red Sox have stayed silent. I never said Yankees were better, you did. I was just pointing out the facts to him.

Reaction Score
Viking said Yankee fans don't believe anyone in the core 4 had done it. So I said Pettitte admitted and other Yanks did while the Red Sox have stayed silent. I never said Yankees were better, you did. I was just pointing out the facts to him.
You're a Yankees fan. Do you believe that there's a 50/50 chance that Jeter, Rivera and Posada have used during their career. If the answer is no than you're nuts. I could make an argument for all of them that they have used. Could I be wrong on some of them? Sure. But Yankees fans make it sound like there's no way in the world that at the very least Jeets and Mo used and maybe Dumbo. I still haven't met a NY fan who doesn't insist that Jeets and Mo are completely 100% clean.

Complete and utter insanity.

Reaction Score
Pettitte admitting it has nothing to do with Yankees fans insisting prior to his getting caught that he and the Core Four were the cleanest Mo-Fo's in the history of the sport.
And you don't get points for admitting you're guilty after you've already been caught, come on bro. That's messed up.

Reaction Score
You're a Yankees fan. Do you believe that there's a 50/50 chance that Jeter, Rivera and Posada have used during their career. If the answer is no than you're nuts. I could make an argument for all of them that they have used. Could I be wrong on some of them? Sure. But Yankees fans make it sound like there's no way in the world that at the very least Jeets and Mo used and maybe Dumbo. I still haven't met a NY fan who doesn't insist that Jeets and Mo are completely 100% clean.

Complete and utter insanity.

Honestly, you give me the name of any player in majors and say he failed a test and I would believe you.

Do I think Jeter and Mo did, no, it would surprise me. But I could believe it if they did. It would not shock me as much if Posada did it because of the huge career year in his contract year.

Reaction Score
Wow you're an original Viking....vinnie from the bronx yo? ......even a dope like you can do better than that.......again Core Four? Who? Jeter....doubt it never know I guess......Mo? ditto................others admitted it and were obvious..........now when your done with XBox tonight try to stay off the PC it makes you look really stupid............
You don't think it's obvious that something's possibly up when players, particularly when grouped on the same team continue to excel at very high levels as they enter their late 30's/early 40's? really?
why cuz they talk nice to the press? Cuz they go to church? Come on bro.

Reaction Score
You don't think it's obvious that something's possibly up when players, particularly when grouped on the same team continue to excel at very high levels as they enter their late 30's/early 40's? really?
why cuz they talk nice to the press? Cuz they go to church? Come on bro.

Hey "bro", I can't begin to tell you I am positive about any player in baseball anymore why would I? The game is a shambles in comparison to what us elders knew it to be when we were growing up. I will just tell you, glasses off, the way Jeter and Mariano conduct themselves and play the game, keep themselves in great shape, I doubt it. See the ball flying out of the park for DJ.....NO he's an inside out hitter with some occasional gap power mostly to right - nothing has changed. Doesn't have much range at SS and is looking older but still a very good player - explain to me what you see? Mo....has continued to lose velocity but has that cutter which steroids wouldn't help....picking guys like this makes you a joke pal.........there's plenty others I would question but that would also happen if I were looking in your dugout but who gives a flying duckk......you guys suck this year so a fan likes you needs to find refuge in hammering on the Yanks....nicely done!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hey "bro", I can't begin to tell you I am positive about any player in baseball anymore why would I? The game is a shambles in comparison to what us elders knew it to be when we were growing up. I will just tell you, glasses off, the way Jeter and Mariano conduct themselves and play the game, keep themselves in great shape, I doubt it. See the ball flying out of the park for DJ.....NO he's an inside out hitter with some occasional gap power mostly to right - nothing has changed. Doesn't have much range at SS and is looking older but still a very good player - explain to me what you see? Mo....has continued to lose velocity but has that cutter which steroids wouldn't help....picking guys like this makes you a joke pal.........there's plenty others I would question but that would also happen if I were looking in your dugout but who gives a flying duckk......you guys suck this year so a fan likes you needs to find refuge in hammering on the Yanks....nicely done!:rolleyes:

Jeter's hit three HR's in three games and I believe they've all been laced to LF. You have to admit it's a bit odd for a 38-year old man to be leading the league in hits, no?
And it's ironic he's doing it in a clubhouse where virtually every old man is finding a rebirth after being dumped by other teams.
His OPS the last 3 years:
2010 (36 y/o) - 710
2011 - (37) - 743
2012 - (38) - 811
Who knows if he's using something (although there may not be enough stuff for him to use with Chavez ingesting it all) but it's certainly possible.

Reaction Score
Jeter's hit three HR's in three games and I believe they've all been laced to LF. You have to admit it's a bit odd for a 38-year old man to be leading the league in hits, no?
And it's ironic he's doing it in a clubhouse where virtually every old man is finding a rebirth after being dumped by other teams.
His OPS the last 3 years:
2010 (36 y/o) - 710
2011 - (37) - 743
2012 - (38) - 811
Who knows if he's using something (although there may not be enough stuff for him to use with Chavez ingesting it all) but it's certainly possible.

The guys a good hitter and hell, if I use the Petey version, maybe he's healthy all of a sudden right? The guys an inside out swinger and he's been getting killed on the inside for over a month from nearly every pitcher.....is it possible he worked with Long to get the hips open faster more often and pull the ball until they start going back to the corner? It's Jeter dude....could he be? Hell yeah they all could.......but he never did before and he's not about that so I'm guessing not but who knows. Did Ellsbury last year, Pedroia for 5 years????? Papi did and is?..........Think about it..........Is Adrian suddenly doing it after an awful start and that's the reason? You're Red Sox a** is flaming right now with these kinds of assumptions pal..........

It will all come out if they are anyway so just because the Sox blow doesn't mean you need to point fingers at the Yanks. Hell even thought they suck Yankee fans could throw darts at half those guys about using but why, for what reason? It's everywhere and it's an act of futility until baseball figures it all out anyway.

Reaction Score
The guys a good hitter and hell, if I use the Petey version, maybe he's healthy all of a sudden right? The guys an inside out swinger and he's been getting killed on the inside for over a month from nearly every pitcher.....is it possible he worked with Long to get the hips open faster more often and pull the ball until they start going back to the corner? It's Jeter dude....could he be? Hell yeah they all could.......but he never did before and he's not about that so I'm guessing not but who knows. Did Ellsbury last year, Pedroia for 5 years????? Papi did and is?..........Think about it..........Is Adrian suddenly doing it after an awful start and that's the reason? You're Red Sox a** is flaming right now with these kinds of assumptions pal..........

It will all come out if they are anyway so just because the Sox blow doesn't mean you need to point fingers at the Yanks. Hell even thought they suck Yankee fans could throw darts at half those guys about using but why, for what reason? It's everywhere and it's an act of futility until baseball figures it all out anyway.
Why defend him and why does it matter? I was listening to Jalen Rose Podcast regarding the Melki suspension and they were saying that its really silly to get caught because the allowable levels are about 3 x normal so even if you are juicing you can go right up to the limit and stay safe. So theoretically Jeter and everyone else can take supplements, steroids, whatever AND be within the rules. Our reflexive 'juicer' labels and allegedly tainted results was all a bunch of holier than thou BS dating back to Bonds/McGuire/Sosa and we've just got to give up the ghost in baseball ala football and let guys play in all-star games and be eligible for player of the year awards in years they get caught for 'roids (hmm, looking at Merriman's Wikibio t the NFL disallowed this though only in yrs you are caught). No one cares that Kobe Bryant and other NBA'ers are going to Germany to get 'illegal' medical procedures. The result is worth whatever risk to the individual and certainly worthwhile to fans to watch more productive years out of a great player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawne_Merriman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawne_Merriman

Reaction Score

Go back and read the thread at the beginning. the whole steroid thing was brought into this by a Yankees fan.
You start doing that stuff, I'm gonna throw haymakers back.
Sorry bro, get used to it. If you don't like it don't throw into a Sox thread.

Reaction Score
What I find comical is the Yankee players admitted when they were caught. Giambi, Pettitte, A-Rod yet I haven't heard a peep from the Sox. Ortiz said anyone who is caught should be banned for a year. When he is caught he shuts up.

I doubt Derek Jeter would take 'Roids. I think he put his money into his house (10 bedrooms/11 baths on Tampa's Davis Island! I'll post a pic the next time I'm on the water!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom