Middle Tennessee email to Mike Aresco | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Middle Tennessee email to Mike Aresco

Reaction Score
Tulane adds more than markets. It is a top academic institution. Something people lose site of these days.

Reaction Score
Good Carl. Continue on with your freaky Blue Raider fetish.

No fetish, Not in love with Middle TN. You called them Dregs, they beat a P5 school. My post was only to point out how bad someone wanted to be in the AAC after the discouraging B12 news. No need to twist things to form your warped view. Grow up!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No fetish, Not in love with Middle TN. You called them Dregs, they beat a P5 school. My post was only to point out how bad someone wanted to be in the AAC after the discouraging B12 news. No need to twist things to form your warped view. Grow up!

If Central Connecticut upset Florida State, they would still be dregs, because they are CCSU. Being "dregs" is about more than whether you have an ok football team. Boise State is "dregs" because it's not a university that is even close to the caliber of university we want to associate with. Middle Tennessee State is the same.

The only reason we even pursued playing FBS football was to be more like Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan and Penn State. That's the goal. To hang out in the same neighborhood as those schools. No amount of football prowess will ever allow MTSU to do that, therefore they are dregs. So is Memphis in my opinion.

I look at AAC membership as being bridge between the leagues of mostly dregs and the P5. The American is a mixed league.

Reaction Score
If Central Connecticut upset Florida State, they would still be dregs, because they are CCSU. Being "dregs" is about more than whether you have an ok football team. Boise State is "dregs" because it's not a university that is even close to the caliber of university we want to associate with. Middle Tennessee State is the same.

The only reason we even pursued playing FBS football was to be more like Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan and Penn State. That's the goal. To hang out in the same neighborhood as those schools. No amount of football prowess will ever allow MTSU to do that, therefore they are dregs. So is Memphis in my opinion.

I look at AAC membership as being bridge between the leagues of mostly dregs and the P5. The American is a mixed league.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I saw Middle Tennessee State massacre UConn at Memorial about 15 years ago - probably as bad a beating as we've ever taken.

Reaction Score
I saw Middle Tennessee State massacre UConn at Memorial about 15 years ago - probably as bad a beating as we've ever taken.

Ryan Tracey/Luke Richmond

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ryan Tracey/Luke Richmond

Kinda - Ryan Tracey was hurt the week before.

Richmond got hurt during the Middle Tennessee game and Chris Willis replaced him. Willis was a smallish QB from California - think he transferred after that season.

Reaction Score
Kinda - Ryan Tracey was hurt the week before.

Richmond got hurt during the Middle Tennessee game and Chris Willis replaced him. Willis was a smallish QB from California - think he transferred after that season.

True - I was ball parking QBs. Forgot about Willis....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom