Mick Cronin on UCONN and some Hurley Tidbits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mick Cronin on UCONN and some Hurley Tidbits

pj

Reaction Score
I really thought Cronin would take the Louisville job. Maybe he is waiting for an even bigger opportunity as I think the UCLA job in the Big 10 is going to be a tough job.

Disagree there, I think UCLA may come back in the B10. It opens up national recruiting for them. Travel will be an issue.

Reaction Score
So everyone has moved on from calling him an angry leprechaun?

I never really understood the Mick Cronin hate at all. He is always been a likeable guy IMO. He is intense to the max on the sidelines, so what. Hurley is, too. A lot of other fanbases hate Hurley. That's their problem, I like Hurley.
Public opinion changes rapidly. A few years ago when UConn was in the aac people here despised him. He's on the other side of the country now, as far away as he could possibly be at least within the US. If he came to Seton Hall next year people would soon hate him again.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Never understood the hate for Mick Cronin. Yes, he’s a psycho on the sideline but so was Calhoun and so is Hurley.

He’s a passionate coach, but he definitely seems to know his stuff.
Not so sure it's hate. He's just a "very worthy opponent" who can get anyone's juices going with his bantam rooster sideline antics. I actually miss him as an opposing coach and everyone seems to love to make fun of him (carrot-top, leprechaun etc.). But make no mistake, he gets his players to play very hard and he is a hell of a competitor. More than any other coach he used to relish the "rockfight" analogy of playing Uconn and used to refer to those games as rockfights. His teams were always tough. He brought out the best in them. Another Big East coach who has made a name for himself.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Never. Don't confuse the nice gentleman in the chair with the firebrand when he is competing. It's going to be a long evening when you face him. That's just poking fun at him. He is a character like Rollie M. or John Thompson and many others.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nobody does it better than Colin- fantastic interview. Love watching The Herd!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think most of us knew Dan was a big Bengals fan, sounds like him and Mick hit the town when he went (Go Bills)

Reaction Score

Public opinion changes rapidly. A few years ago when UConn was in the aac people here despised him. He's on the other side of the country now, as far away as he could possibly be at least within the US. If he came to Seton Hall next year people would soon hate him again.
I never called him an angry leprechaun, although LOL I see the resemblance, nor did I ever despise him when he was Cincinnati. I am probably different than most here on the Boneyard in regards to Mick Cronin-he never bothered me.

Reaction Score

He also called Calhoun the greatest to ever patrol the sideline.

He also said that UCONN is perfectly situated to recruit NYC and the New England prep schools.

According to Mick, Hurley is a fanatical Bengals fan who makes a pilgrimage to Cincy once a year.

Well, nobody is perfect...

Reaction Score
2nd, what a lousy set. Cowherd's perched up behind this huge desk and poor Mick is sitting about 3 feet lower 20 feet away in a sofa chair looking like a 2nd grade kid after school. I agree with the comments though, he seems like a righteous dude.
Sounds similar to Seinfeld's bit on pharmacists when they used to stand higher than everyone else.

What is Hurley's preoccupation with mid-west teams like KC Royals and the Bengals?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom