Michigan State leading Ohio State | The Boneyard

Michigan State leading Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
At the half, 54-41 Michigan State.

Tori Jankoska has 31 points *at the half*. Reimer is scoreless but has 5 rebounds, 2 blocks, an assist and a steal.

This reminds me of last year, when (as I recall) OSU let Banham drop 50+ on them.

Reaction Score
The Ohio State might be the most undisciplined team of all time. And poorly coached.

Yet they will probably comeback and win.

Reaction Score
And Taya Reimer is scoreless. So she goes from the #2 team in the nation to Michigan State....why? And she goes from being a big star at ND to not scoring?

Reaction Score
or not (comeback and win).... Ohio State lost by 19

Tori J 42 points

Reimer has hardly played

Reaction Score
Look for Ohio State to drop in the rankings. Way down!!

How can a team with so much talent keep losing games? Definitely not meshing as a unit.

Something's wrong there. They should not be losing any games!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After watching this game in the second half, Jankoska is a great shooter and playmaker and Kelsey Mitchell is lightning fast but nothing equals the team play, passing, defense etc. of UConn. We are so privileged. We are fooling ourselves if we think other programs will replicate what we do. Other programs may stockpile talent but they will never play the UConn way.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I was about to create this thread then my internet crashed. I had a feeling this was going to be a really good game but I couldn't miss 90 in a row for a B10 match up.

Reaction Score
Look for Ohio State to drop in the rankings. Way down!!

How can a team with so much talent keep losing games? Definitely not meshing as a unit.

Something's wrong there. They should not be losing any games!

if you have an apathetic Head Coach who just rolls out the ball and lets the players run the team, you can stink. Anything goes under McGuff.... terrible shot selection, no defense, no rebounding, no coaching, no hustle, no intensity, no offensive plays, no help defense, no chemistry......

otherwise McGuff is doing a great job

Reaction Score
Coach Geno has said before that there are two kinds of coaches: the kind that recruit good players, and the kind who get fired. So I guess recruiting (and getting other players to transfer to you) amounts to the former type of coach. Coach Geno didn't say you had to actually coach well once you got the good players. I think South Carolina and Stanford fall into that category as well.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And Taya Reimer is scoreless. So she goes from the #2 team in the nation to Michigan State....why? And she goes from being a big star at ND to not scoring?
That Taya was "big star at ND" is highly revisionist. She did not score in this game but she is second on the team in scoring this season. "Why did she transfer to MSU", you asked. I don't know but why can't you be happy for her?

Reaction Score
After watching this game in the second half, Jankoska is a great shooter and playmaker and Kelsey Mitchell is lightning fast but nothing equals the team play, passing, defense etc. of UConn. We are so privileged. We are fooling ourselves if we think other programs will replicate what we do. Other programs may stockpile talent but they will never play the UConn way.

Watching Mitchell play is like watching any NBA game, dribble, dribble shoot. She is a great talent but they have little chance of having a good record.
Was a deal struck that her dad could be an assistant coach , she would go to OS ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Watching Mitchell play is like watching any NBA game, dribble, dribble shoot. She is a great talent but they have little chance of having a good record.
Was a deal struck that her dad could be an assistant coach , she would go to OS ?
A deal,
wink.gif
you say :D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members