Michael Aresco Day in Middletown... | The Boneyard

Michael Aresco Day in Middletown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wanna make sure Ive got this straight.

The guy has presided over the end of days of the Big East...has made sure UConn can't play in this years basketball tournament...and the president of the Board of Trustees is hosting a gala in his honor? Now? Of ALL times, now??!?!?!?!

Do you think something like this would happen in B1G country? Or the SEC? Or even the ACC?

Small time Connecticut. As always.

zls44

Reaction Score
"You don't need numbers for numbers sake," Aresco said. "We think that ultimately it's the value that schools bring and whether they also fit culturally into the conference's makeup."

, this idiot actually thinks Tulane is a valuable addition.

Reaction Score

The guy has presided over the end of days of the Big East...has made sure UConn can't play in this years basketball tournament...and the president of the Board of Trustees is hosting a gala in his honor? Now? Of ALL times, now??!?!?!?!

Do you think something like this would happen in B1G country? Or the SEC? Or even the ACC?

McHugh has know Aresco for 50 years. He coached him in high school.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Until UConn gets an invite elsewhere, there is nothing that Aresco or Herbst or anyone can say other than all is well and prospects are bright.

Hardly anyone believes it, but that's what they have to say.

zls44

Reaction Score
McHugh has know Aresco for 50 years. He coached him in high school.

I am fully aware of that.

It doesn't matter.

Look, they can still be friends and everything. But you don't trot him out in public to sing his praises right now. Wait until everything blows over. Not now, not when tension and angst is at an all time high. You do it in December, when you can talk about the new enthusiasm around the FB program with a new staff, hiw great the first season with the new teams has been because of their big wins and attendances, UConn coming back to MSG, a new TV contract, etc.

Reaction Score
I am fully aware of that.

It doesn't matter.

Look, they can still be friends and everything. But you don't trot him out in public to sing his praises right now. Wait until everything blows over. Not now, not when tension and angst is at an all time high. You do it in December, when you can talk about the new enthusiasm around the FB program with a new staff, hiw great the first season with the new teams has been because of their big wins and attendances, UConn coming back to MSG, a new TV contract, etc.
Maybe they gave him the day while they still could....Will he or the league still be around in December? I agree with your point though....

Reaction Score
"You don't need numbers for numbers sake," Aresco said. "We think that ultimately it's the value that schools bring and whether they also fit culturally into the conference's makeup."

, this idiot actually thinks Tulane is a valuable addition.

What do you expect him to say? I don't think the remaining members who pay is salary would be too happy if he said, "We all know the Big East sucks and is a fraction of what it once was. We can only get crappy programs like Tulane and Memphis to show any interest in us, but hey, beggars (which the Big East is) can't be choosers."

Would that work better for you?

Reaction Score
Just when I think this board cant spiral further down a rabbit hole .......

zls44

Reaction Score
What do you expect him to say? I don't think the remaining members who pay is salary would be too happy if he said, "We all know the Big East sucks and is a fraction of what it once was. We can only get crappy programs like Tulane and Memphis to show any interest in us, but hey, beggars (which the Big East is) can't be choosers."

Would that work better for you?

Say...NOTHING.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Yeah. If only we didn't do stuff like this, we would be just like Michigan and Alamaba.

Its the only difference.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why they wouldn't let us back into the BET. I hate every school in our conference.

zls44

Reaction Score
Yeah. If only we didn't do stuff like this, we would be just like Michigan and Alamaba.

Its the only difference.

I didn't say its the ONLY difference, but its yet another example.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I didn't say its the ONLY difference, but its yet another example.

Bullcrap.

The difference is that Michigan and Alabama have been winning at the the highest level for decades and have legions of fanatical fans.

Not the way they handle out of season dinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom