Metro North Probably Running Clipper to Yankee Stadium vs Army | The Boneyard

Metro North Probably Running Clipper to Yankee Stadium vs Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just got off the phone with Metro North and all indications are, although they would not guarantee yet, that "some sort of service" will be running to the stadium for game day. Most likely regular stadium stops.

Check at end of week for exact details the guy said.

While I fully endorse Phelan's bus trip, if you can't get there from here it's a good way to go.

We bought 6 Phelan tailgate tickets this week. Go Ryan!!

http://www.mta.info/news-metro-nort...ees-yankee-stadium/2014/04/03/let-metro-north

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My brother and I will be on Ryan's Bus 3! Bringing a kamikaze cooler stacked with CL Smooths.

Reaction Score
Here is the schedule for Metro North Yankee Clipper. Two Direct Trains New Haven schedule 12:14PM arrives 2:02 and 1:14PM arrives 3:02. Call 1-877-690-5114 MTA if you are leaving from somewhere besides New Haven.

Direct after game 20 minutes after official ending and one 25 minutes after official ending.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just so I'm on time is the official end of a game different from the end of a game?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I've never taken metro north from new haven but looks like i will be doing so on saturday. I see that there are two stations in NH - state street and union station. Could someone confirm - is Metro North at State Street?

Reaction Score
I've never taken metro north from new haven but looks like i will be doing so on saturday. I see that there are two stations in NH - state street and union station. Could someone confirm - is Metro North at State Street?
I'd recommend driving the extra 5 minutes and go to the new West Haven station where there's free parking

Reaction Score
I am going to game on bus trip with 165 other ( mostly Bristol ) people. Wondering how many tickets are sold as of now. Be great if place is packed, and UConn fans make a great showing. Be nice to leave with a 2 game winning streak.

Reaction Score
I am going to game on bus trip with 165 other ( mostly Bristol ) people. Wondering how many tickets are sold as of now. Be great if place is packed, and UConn fans make a great showing. Be nice to leave with a 2 game winning streak.

I'm surprised nobody has noticed but as of yesterday they are not even selling tickets in the upper decks of the stadium yet.
If this holds it will be very disappointing to say the least.

Reaction Score

I would use Union Station. I don't believe any Metro North to NYC originate @ State Street and only a few peak runs out of NYC stop there. It's mostly a Shore Line East Station.

Reaction Score
I take the train to Stamford every day for work. WORDs of ADVICE:

You will pay anywhere from $12-15 dollars if you park at union station. parking at west haven is free on the weekends. Parking at Milford and Fairfield and Fairfield metro is also FREE on weekends. it's up to you where you want to park, but I thought I'd share the info

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I take the train to Stamford every day for work. WORDs of ADVICE:

You will pay anywhere from $12-15 dollars if you park at union station. parking at west haven is free on the weekends. Parking at Milford and Fairfield and Fairfield metro is also FREE on weekends. it's up to you where you want to park, but I thought I'd share the info

Union Station in New Haven is in a dodgy area too. Milford and both Fairfield stops are in good areas and you can feel comfortable coming back at any time.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
Union Station in New Haven is in a dodgy area too. Milford and both Fairfield stops are in good areas and you can feel comfortable coming back at any time.

This is true. But parking is safe and it is across from the police station. Safety isn't the reason to avoid Union station. If you want free parking, hitting one of the other stations mentioned is a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom