Men's soccer vs. Boston College Tuesday night | The Boneyard

Men's soccer vs. Boston College Tuesday night

Reaction Score
This is the last game against a nonconference opponent during the regular season, and excluding the Cornell game that was held on the Labor Day holiday, this game is also remarkably the only midweek home game on the regular season schedule. The lack of midweek games has had an effect on attendance, as Ray Reid’s squad is averaging over 4,000 fans per game so far this season. Considering the weather is supposed to be mild for this time of year, and that a match against BC is likely to attract more than passing interest from UConn fans, this midweek game might not be a big drag on the attendance average. At any rate, this year UConn men’s soccer should have its best attendance average in quite some time, or at least since capacity at Morrone Stadium was shrunk down to 5,100.

Reaction Score
Never matters what the sport is!!!

Husky dinner.jpg

Reaction Score
This is the last game against a nonconference opponent during the regular season, and excluding the Cornell game that was held on the Labor Day holiday, this game is also remarkably the only midweek home game on the regular season schedule. The lack of midweek games has had an effect on attendance, as Ray Reid’s squad is averaging over 4,000 fans per game so far this season. Considering the weather is supposed to be mild for this time of year, and that a match against BC is likely to attract more than passing interest from UConn fans, this midweek game might not be a big drag on the attendance average. At any rate, this year UConn men’s soccer should have its best attendance average in quite some time, or at least since capacity at Morrone Stadium was shrunk down to 5,100.
I don't know if you attend the games but you should know that UConn counts comp tickets and they issue a ton of them. I used to attend games and the reported attendance at some of those rainy and cold midweek games was always at least 1000 when the actual attendance was no more than 200.

Reaction Score
Ray Reid talked this group up big last year specifically pointing to this year as a big year. Seems to be pretty by the books so far. Lost to the best teams on our schedule. Still playing too many 1-0 matches. I'm not really impressed so far. It's Oct 17th and they haven't beaten a ranked opponent. Let's see what they do against BC.

Reaction Score
Ray Reid talked this group up big last year specifically pointing to this year as a big year. Seems to be pretty by the books so far. Lost to the best teams on our schedule. Still playing too many 1-0 matches. I'm not really impressed so far. It's Oct 17th and they haven't beaten a ranked opponent. Let's see what they do against BC.

UConn is a better team than they were for most of last year, when they struggled to score any goals at all. However, I recall reading after last season that Ray Reid was thinking that this year the team would be good enough to compete for a final four spot, but it's pretty clear that this year's team is not at that level. I'm thinking the Huskies could really use a win against BC (No. 20 in the RPI, so it is not a given) to put themselves firmly off the NCAA tournament bubble.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Early in the second half, Thiam draws a foul in the box and gets a penalty kick. True to UConn post season form, he puts the penalty kick off the crossbar for a miss. UConn is now 1 for 4 on penalty kicks taken this season.

Reaction Score
UConn dominated the second half, but still no score. Going to overtime.

Reaction Score
Man, what an exciting game! Good one tonight. If that BC defender didn't go full bore, that woulda went in.

Reaction Score

The attendance at the midweek game against BC was announced at 1,811. I'm surprised they didn't draw a bit better against the hated Eagles, even if it was a midweek game. That drops UConn's average to 3,790 (still solidly second in attendance in the NCAA), with one Saturday night home game to go against SMU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom