Men's Soccer game against UVA will be streamed | The Boneyard

Men's Soccer game against UVA will be streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So UConn flew to the west coast and flew back Monday and instead of getting one of the 3 Saturday games they have to play Friday? That seems fair...

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Not sure how they organized the schedule. But UVA had a guy sent off in the first minute of their last game so they'll be tired too after playing with 10 all game. And that defender should miss this game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So UConn flew to the west coast and flew back Monday and instead of getting one of the 3 Saturday games they have to play Friday? That seems fair...

Just as fair as having to play on the road against UMBC, despite being much more highly ranked, then landing the #1 overall seed on the road. So far, it's working for us.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What a crap goal. Defensive confusion and poor marking. 1-0 Virginia, against the run of play. C'mon dogs, get back into this one...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Gooooooooooooalllllllll!

Not enough exclamation points. I'm imagining you saying it like you were the comic, Steven Wright:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That's some sloppy set piece defense right there.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They have more speed on the edge. Better ball control. We're trying to press but just not possessing very well.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Damn. Ballgame. 2-1, UVA.

In a game of equivalent teams, the one that makes the crucial errors loses. They had a lot of pressure down the wings (Daffour? and Madison?). We had some good work in the middle. The last 15-20 minutes were mostly ours, but we couldn't generate meaningful crosses into the box or the last pass around the 18. Tough to swallow this one...

Reaction Score
UVA played better as UConn had issues with their speed. Blake in keep played stellar.

That said, horribly reffed game. Called fouls tick-tack stuff and completely left hard fouls go
randomly. The foul that set-up UVA's corner that they got goal #2 on was complete BS, the UVA guy was playing on all fours bouncing the ball off both arms and the UConn player simply tried getting the ball away.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The foul that set-up UVA's corner that they got goal #2 on was complete BS, the UVA guy was playing on all fours bouncing the ball off both arms and the UConn player simply tried getting the ball away.

^^^ This!! He called a foul presumably 10 seconds after it had happened, after having given UVA "advantage" and watching their player make a mess of it off of both his arms. It was a brutally bad decision that we ultimately paid for.

Having said that, we just couldn't finish opportunities in the final third. The crosses had to be better, and Diouf had a tough game today. Nobody could link up with Larin, who looked like he was on an island...

Reaction Score
^^^ This!! He called a foul presumably 10 seconds after it had happened, after having given UVA "advantage" and watching their player make a mess of it off of both his arms. It was a brutally bad decision that we ultimately paid for.

Having said that, we just couldn't finish opportunities in the final third. The crosses had to be better, and Diouf had a tough game today. Nobody could link up with Larin, who looked like he was on an island...

I watched the game with no sound. It seemed every time there was a collision of two players the call went against Uconn. The way the Virginia players were flopping to the ground I thought I was watching Duke basketball.

Reaction Score
I watched the game with no sound. It seemed every time there was a collision of two players the call went against Uconn. The way the Virginia players were flopping to the ground I thought I was watching Duke basketball.

Or a warm-up to the Italian national team playing in the World Cup this summer…

Reaction Score
Just as fair as having to play on the road against UMBC, despite being much more highly ranked, then landing the #1 overall seed on the road. So far, it's working for us.

My understanding is that UMBC was ranked eight in the country while Connecticut was 10th. UMBCs head coach was actually pretty disappointed to get such a low seed (16) and to face such a good opponent in Connecticut early on

Reaction Score
Great run. There is a cumulative effect in soccer of lots of travel and lots of overtime/high pressure games, going back to the AAC championship game in Florida and having to play the extra round and fly to UCLA and back. The kids are young and in shape, but sometimes you just get dead legged and worn down, so I kinda figured we would be a little late on some tackles and maybe lose the field possession game. We gave ourselves a chance anyway despite being off our game - just a bad clearance out of our box and a little bit of ball watching on the winning goal.

For hoops comparisons, this feels like a 1998 or 2002 where perhaps it's frustrating to be just short of the Final Four, but at the same time, there's no faulting anybody or blame to go around. Those teams ended up winning titles within the next year or two, so hopefully the guys coming back can take the next step.

Reaction Score
Disappointing. Not surprising. Unrealistic to be able to go on the road and beat 3 top ten teams in the tournament. The team fought hard. I am surprised at the defense. We seem to have allowed some key 2nd half goals to either fall behind or tie every tournament game due to breakdowns. Can't come back everytime from that.

It just reninforces how you need to win games at home against unseeded teams with a College Cup on the line when you get the chance, something we failed to do 3 straight chances. With the lack of respect the committee gave UConn and the AAC, it will take an undefeated or 1 loss regular season to ever find ourselves in that position again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My understanding is that UMBC was ranked eight in the country while Connecticut was 10th. UMBCs head coach was actually pretty disappointed to get such a low seed (16) and to face such a good opponent in Connecticut early on

In the actual rankings, when I looked just after seedings were announced, UMBC was unranked.

Reaction Score
The NSCAA, which is what the NCAA uses for rankings, had UMBC ranked #5 and UConn ranked #21. Looking at UMBC’s schedule, hard to swallow that.
By the way, did any one catch the video clip of the NCAA DII final between Southern NH and Carson-Newman? Looked like a full MMA cage match with just under 2 minutes to go and the Red Cards went flying as fast at the karate kicks.

Reaction Score
The NSCAA, which is what the NCAA uses for rankings, had UMBC ranked #5 and UConn ranked #21. Looking at UMBC’s schedule, hard to swallow that.
By the way, did any one catch the video clip of the NCAA DII final between Southern NH and Carson-Newman? Looked like a full MMA cage match with just under 2 minutes to go and the Red Cards went flying as fast at the karate kicks.

Such lack of sportsmanship. I would expect better from a DII program which tends to stick more to the values of amateurism and sportsmanship but to throw those punches and kicks on a DII National Championship is an embarrassment. C'mon..

Reaction Score
Such lack of sportsmanship. I would expect better from a DII program which tends to stick more to the values of amateurism and sportsmanship but to throw those punches and kicks on a DII National Championship is an embarrassment. C'mon..

I would like to proclaim my own innocence; but, I do remember a HS game back in 10th grade when my team was badly beating a neighboring school 5 to 0 in the second half. The other team had a weak shot on net that our keeper easily covered up. Their striker then proceeded to continue to kick at the ball with our keeper on top of it. The ref blew the whistle and our center back pushed him off our keeper. Another of their players pushed back our center back while their striker spun around and continued to kick at the ball and our keeper, who was still on the ground as he was hurt. The next 5 minutes were quite interesting the rest of my team and I (was playing center defensive midfield, I was the 3rd red shirt to jump in) quickly joined the ensuing brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom