Meghan Bard at A Dime Back wrote a GREAT piece | The Boneyard

Meghan Bard at A Dime Back wrote a GREAT piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Aside from the impolitic rhetoric in paragraph 7 ( all true, but stated a little harshly), a home run. But who will read it?

Reaction Score
This is the quote of the article:

"We’ve invested heavily in our football program. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art practice facility. Rentschler Field is conveniently located roughly 15 minutes from Bradley Airport. It’s an excellent arena with room to grow, easily expandable to hold 50K people when it’s time to sell out those home games against Texas and Oklahoma. And we have hired a talented, exciting and really very nice to look at coach who has revitalized his team, landing them in a bowl game in only his second season. Just think what Bob Diaco can do when he can recruit in the Big 12. I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but he is actually made of magic."

UConn football isn't great right now, hasn't been for too long, but you can't say they're not trying. The effort is there, the money is there, we just need a bump in league profile to jumpstart recruiting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Aside from the impolitic rhetoric in paragraph 7 ( all true, but stated a little harshly), a home run. But who will read it?
Yep, I'd rather have seen that paragraph talk about revenue, facilities, academic and the empty promises that Fred Smith never delivered on to the OBE and the AAC.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
She's good. I had a small tear in my right eye when I finished reading.

Yes, we have the fans.

The argument is made by G5 schools that their attendance would spike if in a P5 conference, and that's usually true.

But what if the opposite were to occur? What would the attendance be at Syracuse, Virginia, Indiana, or Oklahoma State if they were G5? The answer is not pretty. Certainly not as good as UConn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69