Maybe we belong in the AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maybe we belong in the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol! Too funny. Way too prove the point of this thread. We are all UConn fans - albeit some of us more realistic and/or defensive than others. Some homers as well. All are welcome but we should acknowledge that delusions are very pervasive in college sports, and they accomplish nothing other than letting down those who believe them. Sad.

Whether you're a troll or fan, whether your proposition is correct or incorrect, you have made the same point over and over and over again. You're just boring. Please go away.

Ironically he has been asked to leave over and over again. I'm guessing he isn't leaving so you might be better off to just put him on ignore so you can only interact with people who have similar opinions to yours.

Dissimilar opinions = Good.
Broken record = Not good, and boring.

Reaction Score
Good lord you are paranoid. You think he is pretending USF's win against Cuse was great to make FSU's win over them look better?? LMAO

He is pointing out the strength of the AAC with solid programs. On top of USF, Houston, and Cinci I think you can look at SMU, ECU, UCF, and Memphis as schools with young coaches who will be tough to beat in the coming seasons. AAC is no slouch in FB.

Good lord, was I asking you? He can speak for himself, thank you.

Second, don't do lighthearted banter eh?

Third, to reiterate, I didn't ask you to speak for him.

Reaction Score
Good lord, was I asking you? He can speak for himself, thank you.

Second, don't do lighthearted banter eh?

Third, to reiterate, I didn't ask you to speak for him.

Try to stop being so paranoid. Thinking that an ACC poster is trying to pump up the USF win against Cuse to make the FSU win look better is really lame. Obviously it made you mad that I called you out on it. Now you are going to pretend it was lighthearted banter, LOL. The reason it makes you mad is because you know i'm right.

Reaction Score
Obviously it made you mad that I called you out on it. Now you are going to pretend it was lighthearted banter, LOL. The reason it makes you mad is because you know i'm right.
This should be a canned response to so many posts on this board. So true. But the homers don't like it! They will come up with some response that nitpicks your response and the cycle will continue until they "ignore" you. And by "ignore," I mean "continue to follow everything you say" like MattMang. The unemployment rate in this country is way too high.

Reaction Score
All right.

Taking out the trash this evening.

You'll both need a third account.
Funny how any sort of dialogue that is contrary to your beliefs is somehow banned. Feels a bit like Beijing.

Reaction Score
All right.

Taking out the trash this evening.

You'll both need a third account.

I just assumed that VPD was an Okie/Roadhunter/Mountain Man Sock. Notice the similar posting styles, similar join dates, and constant liking of each other's posts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just assumed that VPD was an Okie/Roadhunter/Mountain Man Sock. Notice the similar posting styles, similar join dates, and constant liking of each other's posts.

Nah.

Neither one was aggravating enough by himself, but when you have two of them posting like monkeys on crack and neither one is a UConn fan, it's just too much sand in the gears.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Fishy with the TKO...

12034676476_a5dfd56ed4_b.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm done with UCONN football. I'm now with Nelson-we should drop football and move to the new Big East. I've had it!

Quitters never win and Winners never quit! Take a look at Memphis, Temple and other programs. They were down for years and have resurrected.
Better days are ahead. As bad as we have been, following UCONN football has been one of the joys of my sporting life. I know how frustrating and painful it feels driving home, listening to 1080 after a tough loss but with 8 games left and being 2-2, I'm looking forward to a bowl. Even if my optimistic prediction of 8-4 falls short, I see 4 more wins at minimum.

Below are the potential wins in BOLD

A - 9/29 Houston - Not this year 2-3
H -10/8 Cincinnati - We finally beat these guys 3-3
A - 10/15 USF - Mack attack! 3-4
H - 10/22 UCF - The trophy remains in CT 4-4
A - 10-29 ECU - I'll be in Grenville to see us go 5-4
H - 11/4 Temple - The Owls won't be hooting when they leave East Hartford! 6-4
By week 11/12 - Rest up for the home stretch
A - 11/19 - Boston Defelipoing College, Boston Massacre 7-4
H - 11/29 - Tulane - The Green wave will be frozen! 8-4

Ok send all the delusional posts, I can take it.
I AM CONFIDENT CARL!

And you my friend need a little confidence today!

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Quitters never win and Winners never quit! Take a look at Memphis, Temple and other programs. They were down for years and have resurrected.
Better days are ahead. As bad as we have been, following UCONN football has been one of the joys of my sporting life. I know how frustrating and painful it feels driving home, listening to 1080 after a tough loss but with 8 games left and being 2-2, I'm looking forward to a bowl. Even if my optimistic prediction of 8-4 falls short, I see 4 more wins at minimum.

Below are the potential wins in BOLD

A - 9/29 Houston - Not this year 2-3
H -10/8 Cincinnati - We finally beat these guys 3-3
A - 10/15 USF - Mack attack! 3-4
H - 10/22 UCF - The trophy remains in CT 4-4
A - 10-29 ECU - I'll be in Grenville to see us go 5-4
H - 11/4 Temple - The Owls won't be hooting when they leave East Hartford! 6-4
By week 11/12 - Rest up for the home stretch
A - 11/19 - Boston Defelipoing College, Boston Massacre 7-4
H - 11/29 - Tulane - The Green wave will be frozen! 8-4

Ok send all the delusional posts, I can take it.
I AM CONFIDENT CARL!

And you my friend need a little confidence today!

Not easy, but certainly possible. They really should be 4-0 right now. I feel like they are on the cusp of understanding what it takes to win...60 minutes of football. ECU game is scariest of your wins, and even if they lose that, it's 7-5 and a bowl.

Reaction Score
There is something illogical about putting down a conference that we haven't yet or barely reached double digit wins in football yet.
In our sport Basketball we've been losing 6 or more games annually
and in the fourth year our next regular season championship will be our first
Let's get our act together before we point fingers .

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There is something illogical about putting down a conference that we haven't yet or barely reached double digit wins in football yet.

On the one hand, I certainly believe UConn would build to a decent program if in a P5. We've shown we can be good to great in any sport where the school makes an investment.

OTOH, there is the current reality. Using current RPI rankings, UConn (ranked 98) is only ahead of five of the 64 P5 schools. And behind a whole lot of G5s. By conference, here's how many G5 schools rank ahead of us:
American: 10
MidAmerican: 10
Sun Belt: 6
Mountian West: 5
CUSA: 4
Independents: 3
Missouri Valley: 1

So at the moment, UConn is merely the 40th best G5 program.

Gotta improve that. A ton.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Screw you. 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69