Maybe we belong in the AAC | The Boneyard

Maybe we belong in the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They way we played today maybe the AAC is right where we belong. Just a plain piss poor performance. That was a bottom of the barrel ACC team and we were shredded.

Reaction Score
They way we played today maybe the AAC is right where we belong. Just a plain piss poor performance. That was a bottom of the barrel ACC team and we were shredded.
I'm done with UCONN football. I'm now with Nelson-we should drop football and move to the new Big East. I've had it!

Reaction Score
I'm done with UCONN football. I'm now with Nelson-we should drop football and move to the new Big East. I've had it!
I agree that we may belong in the AAC, but abandoning football seems a bit drastic. We are a middle-of-the-road AAC team that expects to get invited to a P5. Maybe there is nothing wrong with embracing the AAC and trying to make it as strong as possible.

Reaction Score
I thought that Cuse was mighty vulnerable after USF whomped them...but every game is a different game...

I suspect that Houston and USF will be tough for a win...and Cincy won't be a pushover.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I agree that we may belong in the AAC, but abandoning football seems a bit drastic. We are a middle-of-the-road AAC team that expects to get invited to a P5. Maybe there is nothing wrong with embracing the AAC and trying to make it as strong as possible.
Sure, nothing wrong with that at all. As long as you're content to see UConn athletics eventually wither away into abject irrelevance. The future doesn't belong to the AACs of the world, no matter how "strong" we help make it. At some point in the not too distant future, either the P5 will break out on its own or, at the very least, the revenue gap will become so absurd that we won't be able to compete on a consistent basis with even the worst P5 schools. Now, maybe that ends up being our fate, but I'm not resigning myself to it yet. Better that UConn should at least go kicking and screaming into that good night than embrace the defeatist attitude this thread espouses.

Big picture, folks. Absolutely, that was a lousy performance today against a team we were capable of beating. But come on, this isn't our ceiling. We more than proved that last decade, and the potential to return at least to that level is still there. But even if we can become that good again, it's not realistically sustainable without a P5 invitation. And so, UConn should absolutely keep trying to do everything possible to break into the P5. If it turns out that the P5 finally and permanently slams the door in our face, then it will be time to reevaluate the commitment to football, as well as several other things. But it makes little sense to throw in the towel right now.

Reaction Score

I've finally figured out your angle. You are here to be the board contrarian, gumming up every thread with your "I know more than you'll ever know. So just take my word for it" nonsense.

Reaction Score

That was a poor performance by UConn, mostly from the coaches. But go look at a boxscore. TOP was 2 to 1 UConn. First two series, UConn was shredded. But otherwise, UConn should have won that game based line play, etc.

Reaction Score

The AAC has a lot of really good young coaches. If the conference can manage to keep a few of them around I see a pretty solid lineup with coaches coaches at SMU, Houston, UCF, USF, UConn, ECU, etc...

I also think if the AAC can somehow end up with a package of BYU, SDSU, Boise, Air Force, Army, or CSU and try the TV deal again I could see a much different financial result. If Fox truly wants Eastern content this would be a huge opportunity as would Twitter or Hulu if they want some solid content to build from as they grow thier college sports presence. These G-5 conferences are undervalued but the AAC is the most undervalued conference in the country and adding BYU as well as a couple more service academies along with solid programs like Boise would certainly help separate the conference from the rest of the g-5. More money and a legitimate shot at a new years bowl along with a legitimate chance at getting in the playoff makes the conference

Reaction Score
I've finally figured out your angle. You are here to be the board contrarian, gumming up every thread with your "I know more than you'll ever know. So just take my word for it" nonsense.
Lol. My angle is one of reality in that we are likely either looking at no expansion or expansion of 2 teams (UC/UH - which would put UConn in a tenuous situation to say the least). It's seriously comical that of all people on this board, I'm the one you pegged with this description. I have specifically led with a disclaimer of "not an expert on this but" in multiple threads. I can continue to offer my opinions and you can continue to reveal your insecurities, or you can finally grow and pair, stop being so insecure, and realize that this is a message board where all different viewpoints should be welcome. Again, I don't have this angle your projecting upon me; I am just not a homer. What you and so many others on this board need to realize is that I am speaking about UConn as an institution, not you personally. So get over it and look at things more objectively.

Reaction Score
I think if we want out of the AAC, maybe see if the NEC would let us join them...

Reaction Score
You must be one of those rare "football only" fans

Reaction Score
You must be one of those rare "football only" fans
Just the opposite. Football only, in terms of expansion, is dead in the water when it comes to expansion. I'm a UConn BB fan from the beginning - before they were FBS (both men's and women's teams, as my avatar suggests - love Geno). UConn only adds value if invited for all sports, as those of us who watched the game this afternoon can attest. The men finished 6th in the conference last year - far from dominant.

Reaction Score
That was a poor performance by UConn, mostly from the coaches. But go look at a boxscore. TOP was 2 to 1 UConn. First two series, UConn was shredded. But otherwise, UConn should have won that game based line play, etc.

+1 on this. Tie game and we had the ball and were moving down the field. Then the coaches inexplicably decided to slow things down.

WTF????

If you're offense is clicking, why all of a sudden go back to the slow, methodical play calling? It's obviously not working.

A strong running game is fine, but you still need to get the plays in quicker and attack the defense.

Reaction Score
Just the opposite. Football only, in terms of expansion, is dead in the water when it comes to expansion. I'm a UConn BB fan from the beginning - before they were FBS (both men's and women's teams, as my avatar suggests - love Geno). UConn only adds value if invited for all sports, as those of us who watched the game this afternoon can attest. The men finished 6th in the conference last year - far from dominant.

Idk why, but your avatar disturbs me. Can u change ?

Reaction Score
SU had the worst defense in the FBS entering the game, UConn could easily go 0-8 in the remainder of the schedule though I think we get 2-3 wins in some combination of Tulane, UCF, BCU, Temple games

Reaction Score
If we can't beat SU, I wouldn't count on beating BC at BC. BC's defense is legit. Also, UCF is a much improved team from last season. They were racking up the points last night against FIU. I guess we can pray for cold weather when they come to town.

Reaction Score
He's not a UConn fan.

Why would you say that?

He sure seems like a UConn fan to me. I think he is just a little bit more realistic with his thoughts and willing to accept responsibility as opposed to whining and playing the victim approach like some seem to take when it comes to conference realignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom