Maybe UConn should just stay in the AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maybe UConn should just stay in the AAC

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every time more crap is revealed about Louisville I shudder. Now it is revealed the football program uses stolen Wake Forest info and then denies it before giving it plausibility status at best. They are the academic equal of grades 13 - 16. Pitino molests women, His recruits get hookers. The ACC should be proud.

So what do you say when you find out Army did too..

Reaction Score

I'd say that they read Sun Tzu's....Art of War

"
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat."

Reaction Score

The ACC or their fans justified taking Louisville over UConn because we were morally bankrupt. What is Louisville's record justifies this?

Reaction Score
The ACC fans justified taking Louisville because they wanted and needed an immediate addition to the football side to enhance their upcoming media negotiations. Didn't have anything to do with Uconn "morals".

Morals. Schmorrels....if UConn had been putting its football team into the rankings occasionally, the story would be different.

Folks can attempt to set a different narrative..but it was not morals, not academics...it was overwhelmingly athletics...... in football, basketball, and baseball.

Louisville is #13 in the CFP Rankings

Louisville basketball is currently #10 AP

And Louisville finished #10 in baseball

That is the reason that Louisville was taken by the ACC...

Reaction Score
The ACC fans justified taking Louisville because they wanted and needed an immediate addition to the football side to enhance their upcoming media negotiations. Didn't have anything to do with Uconn "morals".

Morals. Schmorrels....if UConn had been putting its football team into the rankings occasionally, the story would be different.

Folks can attempt to set a different narrative..but it was not morals, not academics...it was overwhelmingly athletics. in football, basketball, and baseball.

Louisville is #13 in the CFP Rankings

Louisville basketball is currently #10 AP

And Louisville finished #10 in baseball

That is the reason that Louisville was taken by the ACC...

In other words they took a morally bankrupt program to justify their greed. No shame in admitting it.

Reaction Score
They took what they took....and the reasons for taking them are fairly clear.

One can speak from anger or from logic....but yes, Louisville has had some "ethics" problems....and yes, Louisville has had athletic success.

Do they balance? Dunno.

I'm not in the ACC head office...so I don't know Louisville's impact on the improved media deals, the long term GOR extension, or the gaining of a network...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC's ethics align quite nicely with Louisville's.

Half the conference is on probation, their former-top football program couldn't cover up a rape fast enough and their flagship thinks that it should avoid punishment for a few decades of fake classes.

Reaction Score
I understand the ongoing anger about all things ACC...but that whole Louisville thing will amount less to the conference than the paying of basketball players at Michigan, the free benefits at Ohio State...or the alleged activities at Minnesota, or the moral depravity at PSU meant to the Big Ten.

Other than fodder for internet fan smack, the problems at Louisville, will have little effect...and Louisville is doing what they were supposed to do...putting good athletic teams forward in the three major sports.

Reaction Score
I understand the ongoing anger about all things ACC...but that whole Louisville thing will amount less to the conference than the paying of basketball players at Michigan, the free benefits at Ohio State...or the alleged activities at Minnesota, or the moral depravity at PSU meant to the Big Ten.

Other than fodder for internet fan smack, the problems at Louisville, will have little effect...and Louisville is doing what they were supposed to do...putting good athletic teams forward in the three major sports.

I'm not sure that the Big Ten teams you cited were punished enough for their violations. Louisville, however, has so far, faced little or no consequence to their reprehensible actions. As to whether Louisville or other schools are "supposed" to succeed in any sport by cheating, breaking laws, or severely breaching ethics, sadly, there are too many people that not only excuse it, but outright support it.

Reaction Score

BB, if you care to maintain any credibility or good will, don't compare Louisville to any B1G school, including Rutgers. Plain and simple, Louisville is a joke of a school that runs an athletic department like a street gang. Sure they'll win a fair of games, but always with a backdrop of corruption. It will wear thin - even for you - soon enough. No retort please - we are approaching Christmas and I want to curtail my filleting of BY idiots.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The ACC is ran by Southerners with Southern sensibilities. Louisville was a better sociological fit.

Reaction Score
BB, if you care to maintain any credibility or good will, don't compare Louisville to any B1G school, including Rutgers. Plain and simple, Louisville is a joke of a school that runs an athletic department like a street gang. Sure they'll win a fair of games, but always with a backdrop of corruption. It will wear thin - even for you - soon enough. No retort please - we are approaching Christmas and I want to curtail my filleting of BY idiots.

Oh I am shivering....

Reaction Score
Do you know anything about making money? You know UConn has one of the most popular athletic departments in the northeast US, correct?

I can't believe the snow I have to read on this board. It's as if people are devoid of sense and just ramble on.

Next time, direct such a response towards someone else. If you want to believe such, feel free. When PROOF indicates otherwise.
You're dreaming if you think we'll ever get out of an AAC level conference. It's just the way it will be.

Reaction Score
You're dreaming if you think we'll ever get out of an AAC level conference. It's just the way it will be.
If I felt we don't have a strong chance of being wooed by a P5 conference, I wouldn't be posting what I post. I don't post based on my speculation, I am posting based on what others who are actually worthy say. I am not trying to give false hope. But as I said, believe as you please.

Anyhow, interesting data I came across; Connecticut cities are not anywhere as dangerous as they used to be. Bridgeport is now the 96th worst city in the US. Hartford is the worst CT city at 53.

Top 100 most dangerous places to live in the USA - NeighborhoodScout

Reaction Score
Don't shiver... And have a Merry Christmas! (BTW, I hope you're healthy!)

Thank you...and a Happy New Year to you and yours,,,

I indeed am healthy...had a biopsy two weeks ago (exploratory)...not been metastatic.

Thanks much for asking.

Reaction Score
If I felt we don't have a strong chance of being wooed by a P5 conference, I wouldn't be posting what I post. I don't post based on my speculation, I am posting based on what others who are actually worthy say. I am not trying to give false hope. But as I said, believe as you please.

Anyhow, interesting data I came across; Connecticut cities are not anywhere as dangerous as they used to be. Bridgeport is now the 96th worst city in the US. Hartford is the worst CT city at 53.

Top 100 most dangerous places to live in the USA - NeighborhoodScout
Hey Butch, I'd be tickled beyond belief if we made it. I grew up in West Haven and have been a fan for my whole life - very good times and the ugly times. I just don't see us ever being invited to P5 as the powers that be (ESPN, Fox, whomever) don't have the desire to add us since we're stuck way up here in Ne England - not enough $ to make sense.

Reaction Score
Hey Butch, I'd be tickled beyond belief if we made it. I grew up in West Haven and have been a fan for my whole life - very good times and the ugly times. I just don't see us ever being invited to P5 as the powers that be (ESPN, Fox, whomever) don't have the desire to add us since we're stuck way up here in Ne England - not enough $ to make sense.
Then you are way behind in understanding television money and our market. We're in one the most densely populated area in the country. And yet, this region has the fewest FBS teams out of all regions. There's a huge void in college athletics because of Ivy League schools and professional athletics. The sports scene was dominated by both here. When the Ivies declined, people gravitated towards pro teams. Then came along Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma. UConn basketball has already proven to be a huge success in between Boston and NYC. I mean, c'mon. You really can't see money here? Our fanbase is significantly larger than SU and BC and maybe Rutgers. Only Penn State and maybe Army would have larger fanbases, overall.

You might not see it, but people linked to executives do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then you are way behind in understanding television money and our market. We're in one the most densely populated area in the country. And yet, this region has the fewest FBS teams out of all regions. There's a huge void in college athletics because of Ivy League schools and professional athletics. The sports scene was dominated by both here. When the Ivies declined, people gravitated towards pro teams. Then came along Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma. UConn basketball has already proven to be a huge success in between Boston and NYC. I mean, c'mon. You really can't see money here? Our fanbase is significantly larger than SU and BC and maybe Rutgers. Only Penn State and maybe Army would have larger fanbases, overall.

You might not see it, but people linked to executives do.
Your lips to the TV gods ears!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom