Maybe Free Shoes U isn't all bad | The Boneyard

Maybe Free Shoes U isn't all bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
And cue billybud and his new little lackey Garrett in 5...4...3...2...1...

Reaction Score
I saw this story and thought I'd share it.

Florida State's Travis Rudolph's "small act of kindness."

Sometimes it's the little acts of kindness that matter most. Certainly the kid's mom was touched by the gesture.

The best part is that it seems that it was a random move without PR motivation. The picture was from another parent and the post was directly from the mom. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with getting some credit for yourself or your institution for doing nice things, but it makes it even better when the publicity is achieved randomly. Good for him.

I always wonder why more athletes don't do random acts of kindness like this. Many do, but I would have a blast just randomly talking to a kid for a few minutes if it could make his day, week, year... I tried that, but they just think a random lawyer talking to them is creepy. I'm biased as a UConn fan, but there are stories of Caron Butler doing things like that. I've seen Lebron do it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The best part is that it seems that it was a random move without PR motivation. The picture was from another parent and the post was directly from the mom. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with getting some credit for yourself or your institution for doing nice things, but it makes it even better when the publicity is achieved randomly. Good for him.

I always wonder why more athletes don't do random acts of kindness like this. Many do, but I would have a blast just randomly talking to a kid for a few minutes if it could make his day, week, year... I tried that, but they just think a random lawyer talking to them is creepy. I'm biased as a UConn fan, but there are stories of Caron Butler doing things like that. I've seen Lebron do it.
I think it happens a lot but isn't noted. More times than I can count UConn athletes, coaches and celebrity alumni have spent time talking to or taking pictures with my kids. They generally are very engaged and enthusiastic about it.

Oh and Karl Hobbs once yelled up at me that a practice was closed and to get out of Gampel after Calhoun walked over to him and pointed at me. That's a memory that I'll always treasure. To be fair the practice was closed and Hobbsy was perfectly polite. I was on campus, so I wandered in and watched for a while. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, they are bad. They blocked us and voted in a commuter college that's accreditation challenged. Plus, they are in the ACC. For that, I don't think they will find too many friends here.

Reaction Score
And cue billybud and his new little lackey Garrett in 5...4...3...2...1...

....0....umm what?

Travis is probably FSU's best reciever, maybe c0-best with Jesus Wilson.

Reaction Score
I think the gesture by Travis was great, but not representative of the true nature of FSU. He is clearly an out of the mainstream for FSU.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sure most of the kids are just fine.

It's the adults in and around that place that make it one of CFB's rogue states.

Reaction Score
A small genuine act of kindness can be such a powerful inspiration. The optics of an African American male helping a Caucasian autistic boy sitting alone does more to bind up differences than a thousand protests..

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm sure most of the kids are just fine.

It's the adults in and around that place that make it one of CFB's rogue states.

See: The U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34