Maya's reverse layup emulated Dr. J's | The Boneyard

Maya's reverse layup emulated Dr. J's

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
No disrespect for Paige's reverse layup, here is a blast from the past. Maya doing Dr. J's famous reverse layup. A link to Dr. J's layup follows to refresh the mind for comparison with Maya's. The beginning of Dr' J's video has several NBAers salivating over Dr. J's famous reverse layup. One wonders how dumbstruck they would be watching Maya's reverse layup. Talk about walking in the air!

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Dr. J was amazing, Maya was amazing, and Paige is amazing!
I remember that same sort of awe from the Dr. J clip being repeated by announcers and opponents on some of Maya's moves, and we are seeing it again with Paige. Other players are great and have amazing games and amazing careers and may ultimately be deemed greater players or greater winners, but there are those few that seem to do impossible things that defy belief.

Reaction Score
Paige could become the best ever at UCONN. She is an incredible player and we are so lucky to be here for the ride. But to me nobody can ever match the beauty of Maya's motion on that video and as mentioned above that wasn't an isolated occurrence, it happened throughout her career. Her rising and releasing her jump shot or gliding in from nowhere after a full court run blocking a shot were just beautiful as well. The graceful ascetic of the line of her body coupled with the powerful ease of her rising to make those plays was just such a joy to see. It was more than just great form in her shot, which Paige's is magnificent, but for me at least watching Maya as she played the game was truly unique.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I left out DT above, but she also has some of those, how did that possibly happen moments. And she has has more of them as a pro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom