Maya with 49 pts. in playoffs win | The Boneyard

Maya with 49 pts. in playoffs win

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In the game one loss Maya had 46.

Cabbage with 38 points on 15-15 shooting in game two. Sounds like she needed to get more shots. In game one she had 48 points on 19-34 shooting and had 21 to bounds

We are going to have a tough time with her in the Olympics. We will need some big bodies to throw at her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Britney Griner plays we won't have problems with Liz Cabbage. BG is a more athletic big.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If Britney Griner plays we won't have problems with Liz Cabbage. BG is a more athletic big.
I used to think that, but I think athleticism is over rated in the post. It's very hard to get around a big girl, especially one like Stef, for example, who moves very well for a girl her "size" who lacks the athleticism of, say, Tina Charles. It's one thing if your post player can beat the other teams' post down the court for a fast break layup, but in the half court, Griner is not nearly strong enough to get any kind of position against Cambage.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cambage killed us, scoring at will in London in the first half. Parker couldn't defend her. Asjha and Tina shut her down in the second half. While Griner is excellent, she may not be strong enough. I think it'll be up to Tina.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Cambage killed us, scoring at will in London in the first half. Parker couldn't defend her. Asjha and Tina shut her down in the second half. While Griner is excellent, she may not be strong enough. I think it'll be up to Tina.

I would add that although Griner isn't the type of really strong body to root Cambage out of the post, a la Asjha Jones, she's also quite possibly the only player in the world who could play behind Cambage and be OK even in the low post. BG has better length and hops and should be able to bother Liz, unless the Aussie's footwork has improved by leaps and bounds.

We were only forced to push her out from deep position because there was no one who could defend if she received the ball down low.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would add that although Griner isn't the type of really strong body to root Cambage out of the post, a la Asjha Jones, she's also quite possibly the only player in the world who could play behind Cambage and be OK even in the low post. BG has better length and hops and should be able to bother Liz, unless the Aussie's footwork has improved by leaps and bounds.

We were only forced to push her out from deep position because there was no one who could defend if she received the ball down low.
Excellent point, as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc