Maya on gold medal team in The Players' Tribune | The Boneyard

Maya on gold medal team in The Players' Tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
A really great read by a fine young star. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Excellent read. I will throw my two cents in concerning a dominant team is bad for basketball. When this topic comes up it always reminds me of the part in "White Men Can't Jump" where a team is ready to leave the court because they are so good that it is "too easy."

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Maya's command of the written English language is as accomplished as her elevation on her 3-point shot. It sounds so individual to her that I have to believe that she wrote every word herself.

Elena Della Donne has also proven herself to be a skilled wordsmith.

In a world where star male basketball players can barely write a complete and grammatical sentence, one has to wonder why there is such a gender-based disparity in writing skill. Does the big money available in the men's game diminish their incentive to learn to express themselves in good written English?

Reaction Score
Maya's command of the written English language is as accomplished as her elevation on her 3-point shot. It sounds so individual to her that I have to believe that she wrote every word herself.

Elena Della Donne has also proven herself to be a skilled wordsmith.

In a world where star male basketball players can barely write a complete and grammatical sentence, one has to wonder why there is such a gender-based disparity in writing skill. Does the big money available in the men's game diminish their incentive to learn to express themselves in good written English?
Being familiar with The Players Tribune, I don't think for a minute that Maya had no editorial assistance with this article. I'm sure Maya is very articulate, but you would think all those illiterate NBA players were too if you read their Players Tribune pieces.

Reaction Score
Maya's an oracle. It's not just that she says things so articulately, it's that her emotional intelligence, countenance, and sense of timing in saying these things are off the charts. Her great emotionally sensibilities match her extraordinarily intuitive court game. Everything seems effortless; everything seems perfectly in place. I could listen to her all day and watch her play all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom