Maya Moore equals Championships | The Boneyard

Maya Moore equals Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's often debated who was the best woman's basketball player to ever don a UCONN jersey and many, if not most, will argue that it was either Moore or Taurasi (although Stewart is waiting in the wings). That same argument finds it way into the WCBB as well, along with other candidates. But someday, when all is said and done, there's a strong likelihood that Maya Moore will just be considered the greatest woman's basketball player ever, on a more universal level, league and team aside.

HGN

Reaction Score
There have been many great players to come thru UConn.......And there will always be arguments about who was The Greatest...Diana-Maya ; Maya-Diana. Who knows. Take your pick, you can't go wrong. But looking at the above article really opens one's eyes about the amazing accomplishments and career of one Maya Moore. Championship hardware does seem to follow that young lady around like a puppy on a leash.

Its a coin toss to pick who was The Greatest Husky ever.. Or who may be the greatest WNBA Player ever.......... Regardless , I am just glad they all decided to play for The Huskies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I put together a list a month or so ago. Maya is batting .750. Her team has won the major championship 75% of the time she has played (not counting 4 BE regular season or 4 BE tourney titles):

Georgia State Championship: 3-4

NCAA: 2-4

WNBA: 2-4

Spanish League: 1-1

Euroleague: 1-1

Chinese League: 3-3

FIBA Worlds: 2-2

Olympics: 1-1

In the 5 cases when her team did not win, they lost in the finals twice and the semifinals three times. So she was almost at 80-90%. I think only Bill Russell is in her league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom