Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
almost left for Mizzou last year:

Reaction Score
Ralph D. Russo@ralphDrussoAP 2 mins ago · Manhattan
Can confirm Matt Rhule will be the next coach at Baylor. Temple has just told the team.

Side note: oldest is sitting in Sports Management-Stadium/Arena Design & Management class @ Temple when news broke and said noise went from usual class noise to explosion in nano-second.

Reaction Score
Seems like an odd fit to me too. We will see. Also be interesting to see what Temple does. Can we trade Diaco for a used kicking tee?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Wow. Baylor is in shambles. He could have gone to a better program, I'd imagine. Pretty sure they only have one 2017 commit

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
What about the kid who just de-committed from the Huskies to Temple. Surprise!

And that is example # 3,857,301,472 why you do not burn your bridges in the recruiting world.

While I appreciate the honesty and perspective from that kid's dad here, it also seemed to completely burn the bridge with UConn. If the kid had simply changed his verbal to Temple, then he might have had the ability to come back to UConn with the Temple coaching change (still somewhat awkwardly, but that is the world of recruiting we live in). But because his dad threw the UConn coaches under the bus publicly (and probably rightly so), it may end up hurting his son in the long run. Again, just another example why burning your bridges is not a good idea in this college recruiting world--you never know what is going to happen.

Although, maybe he does end up coming back to UConn when we have a completely new coaching staff in 4 weeks ! ;)

Reaction Score
Seems like an odd fit to me too. We will see. Also be interesting to see what Temple does. Can we trade Diaco for a used kicking tee?
Money from Baylor will be big.

Morehead to Temple.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If we really are stuck with Diaco in 2017 (I am still not giving up hope given the silence from Benedict and UConn)...maybe this opens up our OC savior:

Temple University Athletics - 2016 Football Coaching Staff

Successful current OC in our conference and experience working with QBs (was the Falcons QB coach with Matty Ice before coming to Temple)

Reaction Score
If we really are stuck with Diaco in 2017 (I am still not giving up hope given the silence from Benedict and UConn)...maybe this opens up our OC savior:

Temple University Athletics - 2016 Football Coaching Staff

Successful current OC in our conference and experience working with QBs (was the Falcons QB coach with Matty Ice before coming to Temple)

I would bet he's going to Baylor w/ Rhule. Texas bridge.

Reaction Score
PJ Walker, who has been QB at Temple for 4 years graduates. Rhule had 2 good seasons with Walker as a junior and a senior and it is probably time to go as Temple will probably take a step back. Their backup QB is Logan Marchi, the former UConn commit who was denied admission to UConn.

I think Moorhead stays at Penn St as I expect PSU to bump his salary. He made PSU's season running their offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom