matt barone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

matt barone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe. I personally think it's an awful process. These kids are learning to shake hands; "Coach, I accept your offer and I am committing to play my ball for your program". Then, "Well Coach, I looked around and something better came along". Frankly, I am sure some of the programs are even worse in what they do to the kids. It's just teaching the kids nothing in the way of values and how to handle themselves when making important decisions.

I wish this kid, all the kids for that matter, nothing but the best. But, this kid switched commitments because he wanted to be with his best friend. PP may be looking for something a little different than that.

It is an NCAA issue too. While I agree that kids shouldn't be committing if they aren't sure there is alot of pressure to commit early and make you sure you have a spot. That is when they look around because they know they have a safety blanket. The NCAA should give the option of official visits earlier and alot of kids I've talked to have said that themselves. You see the schools you want to see and then make a decision there won't be nearly as much second guessing if that happens. The way things are going its going to continue to get worse.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That wouldn't surprise me. Either way the rumor is our top targets if Spaz gets canned are Narduzzi the DC from Michigan State and Greg Roman the OC of the 49ers. Still think Addazio would be in the mix. They need to fire everyone if they fire one guy that mean Leahy, GDF, and Spaz all need to go. Most of the assistants would be come too probably 1 or 2 that could stay both new guys this year doing a good job on the recruiting trail.

what are your thoughts on al washington?

Reaction Score
what are your thoughts on al washington?
He is the one I'd love to see stay. Recruits love him and every person I've talked to that has met him recruit or not raves about him. He is doing a very good job in MD and VA. The other is Sean Desai, he is a Al Golden guy and is recruiting FL for us. Looking good there so far this cycle so we will see.

Reaction Score
the kid is 5'11 listed on sites so hes 5'10 prob. considering the size of guys PP is going after i asume thats not going to cut it height wise for a DT. just my guess.

losing a recruit to temple stinks, but to be real about it...
-temple has fball history(more than us) even though it might stink
-nfl stadium down the street(closer than the rent to storrs)
-has a good coach there now(like us)
-is in the same league as us(yea thats right)
-and for barone is closer to home(family/family) which is something that became important to him recently. the firend wasn't the tipping point of this, there was a family issue. that is all.

its not fun losing a recrit to temple, but its not buffalo or montana either.

good luck to matt and i wish his family well. on to the next one.
Not looking down on Temple. In fact, I believe they will do very well recruiting in the years to come, but this year it is a blow. As I said, not the worst thing but a blow.

Reaction Score
FWIW Haddock is very underrated a little undersized but he uses that to his advantage when it comes to leverage etc. Kid is going to be a big time player for Temple. Addazio knows what he is doing hoping he lands at BC soon tbh.

BCU is a step down from Temple.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's so early in the process... on the brightside now more recruits have 'BCS' offers when Temple offers.

Reaction Score
How do you send a personal message? I clicked on the profile name but don't see a PM option. Is it the same as starting a chat? Sorry for being inept.

Reaction Score
How do you send a personal message? I clicked on the profile name but don't see a PM option. Is it the same as starting a chat? Sorry for being inept.

Yeah, it's "start a conversation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69