Matt Barone | The Boneyard

Matt Barone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn, Matt.

"Matt is a true student of the game and has mastered nearly every position on the line making him versatile and a valuable commodity to his team. Matt has the aggressive mentality of a defensive player demonstrating the kind of mean streak that desires to drive opponents to the dirt which he tends to do quite often."

A True Student of the Game

Reaction Score
This looks like a very good player. He is already 285 pounds and carries it very well. Has all the intangibles, team leader, work ethic. Have to keep an eye on Pitt especially late in the recruiting period.

Reaction Score
Who else from the BCS was in the hunt?

I'm sure the other 18 BCS schools who have showed some interest never would have offered because if players don't get offered by March they never get one.

Reaction Score
From the WVU rivals site, before he commited:

“I loved Pitt growing up, but their program has been disappointing the last year or two,” said Barone.

For a school to step up and get his signature, there are three aspects they need to impress him with. “The most important things to me are location, facilities and academics.”

Reaction Score
Just saw his video again. An absolute animal in the run game that moves really well when he pulls. Like Ogundeko, I expect this kid to get a lot of interest and offers. I just hope he stays committed.

Reaction Score
I am glad we are getting in on these PA kids. Again a lot of schools with issues. Penn State (seems to be doing ok with new coach), Pitt (good example from a quote from kid), Rutgers coaching changes. Temple could be the sneaky ones in this. They are dumping a lot of money into their facilities and program.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard, Matt. You won't be disappointed with the location, facilities, coaching, and most of all, the top-notch academics. Good luck and we can't wait to see what you can do on the field.

Reaction Score
Great pick up. Kick looks like a mauler in the trenches. Big boy, strong and physical. Welcome Matt!

Reaction Score
Btw, did anyone notice that coach day recruited Barone? Pretty impressive first recruit for him and he has only been on the job since mid-January.

Do you think someone may have warmed the kid up before Day came on? I would doubt anyone could walk in the door and close a kid that fast. Maybe SOS did some early work.

Come to think of it didn't Shady close Dan O pretty quick?

Reaction Score
Looks like he plays with an intensity that you can't teach. Welcome to UConn, we're all excited to have you.

Reaction Score
I like Barone and believe that he'll be a good college OL. However if Pitt offers, he will switch his tune. Take that prediction to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom