Maryland to Big10 Getting Some Legs | The Boneyard

Maryland to Big10 Getting Some Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Maybe they are floating Rutgers to leverage negotiations with UConn...please!

The article did mention us replacing Maryland for what that is worth.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This would be bad for the Big East? The Big East is and has been dead.

With the current 2013 membership, the Big East isn't dead. It is just very much in 6th place from a money and access standpoint. If this were to occur, the Big East is in danger of becoming the MAC...

Reaction Score
Uconn REALLY needs to be in the ACC when Maryland and RU go to the Big 10. We obviously need the ACC to want to have a member to replace Maryland but if they do then Uconn needs to do whatever they can to make that happen. There are natural rivalries in both sports. I dont care what anyone says about how "bad" the ACC football conference is....fans would show up in East Hartford to see the opponents as opposed to what we are going to see in the NNBE.

Reaction Score
Uconn REALLY needs to be in the ACC when Maryland and RU go to the Big 10. We obviously need the ACC to want to have a member to replace Maryland but if they do then Uconn needs to do whatever they can to make that happen. There are natural rivalries in both sports. I dont care what anyone says about how "bad" the ACC football conference is....fans would show up in East Hartford to see the opponents as opposed to what we are going to see in the NNBE.

UConn fans have no right to whine about strength of the ACC when we have spent the last couple years in a joke of a conference.

If UConn doesn't get Maryland's slot than the entire administration needs to go.

Reaction Score
With the current 2013 membership, the Big East isn't dead. It is just very much in 6th place from a money and access standpoint. If this were to occur, the Big East is in danger of becoming the MAC...

The Big East is dead from the perspective of UConn. We have NO geographic rivals without Rutgers, Cuse, Pitt. Everyone knows this was going to occur. Everyone knows there was a chance the Big 10 would go for Rutgers and another school. Everyone knows this. UConn cannot remain in this conference. This has ALWAYS been the case. We have to get MD's slot if they leave the ACC or it's over for us. This has always been the case.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
This craziness just keeps continuing on. Part of me just thinks that if the NCAA were a proper organization, that they would just split the country into North, South, East, and West (and maybe Central). No more movement. No more uprooting of universities and university investments. And no more concern about future investment. Best performing teams get more money.

But this is the real world. Hang on to your hats, my friends, because the ride isn't over...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get Maryland's slot than the entire administration needs to go.

What are you yapping about??? If UConn doesn't get an invite to another conference, it's the administration's fault?!? Get back on the meds...

Reaction Score
What are you yapping about??? If UConn doesn't get an invite to another conference, it's the administration's fault?!? Get back on the meds...

You better believe it is. They have failed us in every possible way....so far. Their job is to get UConn athletics into a stable prospering conference. Right now they have an F.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You better believe it is. They have failed us in every possible way....so far. Their job is to get UConn athletics into a stable prospering conference. Right now they have an F.

Right now, you have an F for your understanding of how a university goes to a conference. You need to be invited in order to join one. YOU GET THAT, RIGHT??? Good God almight! :confused:

Reaction Score
You also sell yourself and network. It's clear other schools who haven't come close to UConn's athletic accomplishments have done a far better job of doing that.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You also sell yourself and network. It's clear other schools who haven't come close to UConn's athletic accomplishments have done a far better job of doing that.

I'll make you a deal: you outline specifically what the administration could have done to "sell ourselves", and perhaps I'll reconsider my criticism of your posts.

Reaction Score
Umm, how lost r u? If Rutty goes and then Ville and Cincy go 2 B12 what is left?

We have to get the Maryland spot, no alternatives. Assuming ACC hangs together and isn't raided by SEC, B10, B12.

Right now, you have an F for your understanding of how a university goes to a conference. You need to be invited in order to join one. YOU GET THAT, RIGHT??? Good God almight! :confused:

Reaction Score
I'll make you a deal: you outline specifically what the administration could have done to "sell ourselves", and perhaps I'll reconsider my criticism of your posts.

Perhaps you should do what you do best. Continue posting like nothing is in dire straight for our University. Continue misreading sarcasm and by all means continue pleading ignorance to obvious points posters are making.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Umm, how lost r u? If Rutty goes and then Ville and Cincy go 2 B12 what is left?

We have to get the Maryland spot, no alternatives. Assuming ACC hangs together and isn't raided by SEC, B10, B12.

How lost am I??? You are planning for two more moves after this one (and by the way, I have yet to hear from ANYONE that Cincy is desired by the Big12) followed by a definitive "UConn to the ACC". What happens if the ACC decides to stay put for the magical ND moment? What happens if the ACC decides, "Louisville might be the ones for us!"? You don't see how a lot of these scenarios end up badly for UConn???

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Perhaps you should do what you do best. Continue posting like nothing is in dire straight for our University. Continue misreading sarcasm and by all means continue pleading ignorance to obvious points posters are making.

Perhaps you should read my above post and realize that I am $hitting myself about the ramifications to my beloved university, you gigantic blowhard!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Breathe Dan, breathe.

Thank God we have a medic here!! Tell me it's going to work out for UConn. Tell me it's all going to be okay... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom