Maryland recruiting is on fire | The Boneyard

Maryland recruiting is on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Edsall is tearing it up, just landed 2 four star recuits MLB Ngakoue and OT Gray from the DC area.

Let's see if he can get them to play well.

pj

Reaction Score
Maryland could be a good team in 3 years.

Reaction Score
both of these local kids had big time offers, keeping these guys was a HUGE victory for Edsall, especially Ngakoue, there's a lot of talent in the Baltimore, Delaware and DC area, he's done well.

Reaction Score
We are getting better recruits now. Without Edsall. Defense and running game have been proven to be our strengths. Now we are getting the attention of passing game recruits.

Reaction Score
We are getting better recruits now. Without Edsall. Defense and running game have been proven to be our strengths. Now we are getting the attention of passing game recruits.

We have no idea if we are getting better recruits. Check back in 3 years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Happy with our recruiting and could care less about Maryland's recruiting though I like Edsall and always will. He coaches for the enemy now.

Reaction Score
and who hired locksley?

The point is that Locksley is the one "tearing it up", not Edsall. How many highly ranked kids did Edsall land at Maryland before Locksley went there?

Locksley got studs to to go to New Mexico. He's right up there with Ed Orgeron and Tosh Lupoi in terms of recruiting as an assistant.

Reaction Score
So he doesn't get any credit? So I guess he didn't hire MP? I guess Saban recruits ever single kid to Bama all on his own........

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks that Edsall willingly hired a guy like Locksley, who is paid bonuses based on kids star ratings, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, sounds exactly like Randy's type of guy.

Die thread.

Reaction Score
So he doesn't get any credit? So I guess he didn't hire MP? I guess Saban recruits ever single kid to Bama all on his own........

Again, the post in the OP said that Edsall is "tearing it up". Anyone that follows recruiting knows that it's really Locksley who is "tearing it up". I also highly doubt that Edsall voluntarily hired him. I think the AD was the one pushing that.

Reaction Score
Head coaches are the leaders of a football program. They are ultimately accountable for the success and failures of the football program. Edsall has a great recruiting class (rating wise) Love people who can't give him credit for that.

Reaction Score
Head coaches are the leaders of a football program. They are ultimately accountable for the success and failures of the football program. Edsall has a great recruiting class (rating wise) Love people who can't give him credit for that.

I don't know what more I can say. Locksley is an absurdly good recruiter in the DC area.

In basically one year from the time Edsall took over Maryland, they landed one 4 star recruit, Abner Logan from Boston, who wasn't in the top 250. In the six months since Locksley has been on the job, Maryland has landed three 4 star recruits and one 5 star recruit. All 4 of those guys are in the Rivals 250, with two being in the top 100 and one being in the top 10.

But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just to add, RE was in on logan for years being up here. logan also had grades/clearing issues so several schools backed off on him. MD made it work....RE has a great class developing this year, he is apart of landing those kids just like PP is when coach wley or sos brings a kid in for us. The difference is that RE was never a closer on the higher level of kids. Locksley is a closer so that goes well with RE style, its working for them. Hope he turns MD into a beast program. I kinda always think of MD fball and bball to be like Illinois fball and bball. The huge big time potential is there with the school, the fanbase the market and the big city close thing recruit wise, but for some reason neither school has really got its act together and went for it. RE knows how to build a program. With UAs help maybe he could be on to something down there. good luck to him. I like PP but i also just needed a different approach to some things here and several coaches would have done that for me.

Reaction Score
I don't know what more I can say. Locksley is an absurdly good recruiter in the DC area.

In basically one year from the time Edsall took over Maryland, they landed one 4 star recruit, Abner Logan from Boston, who wasn't in the top 250. In the six months since Locksley has been on the job, Maryland has landed three 4 star recruits and one 5 star recruit. All 4 of those guys are in the Rivals 250, with two being in the top 100 and one being in the top 10.

But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Who is the head coach of Maryland? Locksley or Edsall? Do you propose that when announcing a teams class that we say it is the recruiting coordinator's class or the head coaches? If the team loses because the offense gets shut out, should no one mention the head coach for the failures or just the O Coordinator?

Locksley absolutely deserves some credit, as do all coaches who recruit players.

pj

Reaction Score
Edsall deserves credit for having his athletic director appoint a great recruiter as his offensive coordinator. They do indeed make a very effective team.

I don't mind Maryland recruiting the heck out of DC and Baltimore as long as they don't get any one north of the Mason-Dixon line. So far this year, they haven't. That may tell us something about Edsall's ability to create a personal recruiting network.

Reaction Score
Who is the head coach of Maryland? Locksley or Edsall? Do you propose that when announcing a teams class that we say it is the recruiting coordinator's class or the head coaches? If the team loses because the offense gets shut out, should no one mention the head coach for the failures or just the O Coordinator?

Locksley absolutely deserves some credit, as do all coaches who recruit players.

This isn't that hard. Simply put, Edsall didn't land those guys. Locksley did.

Your analogy is just bizarre. Recruiting isn't at all similar to game planning when it comes to staff involvement. And people still do blame the coordinators a lot for failures.

It was a very good hire. If Edsall hired Locksley, then good for him, but something tells me that Edsall didn't decide to hire him.

Reaction Score
Typical Edsall haters. All the blame and none of the credit.

I sure wish I had the inside info about who Randy hires and who the AD hires. Care to share how you know MD's hiring practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom