Maryland OT transfer RJ Dill | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland OT transfer RJ Dill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He had his press conference and made a short statement. He didn't want to answer any further questions.

Reaction Score
My guess is Rutgers offers a much surer path to the field. Their OL play has been abysmal and UCONN keeps on churning out good OLmen. I'm sure we could have used Dill next season, but it hurts much less knowing that he's a one-and-done.

Reaction Score
I thought there was an Iowa State kid in the same position who wanted UConn last year but couldn't because our teams played 2011. So how could we get an UMD kid?

Reaction Score
Ugh. That is a huge loss for us. RJ would slide right into the tackle position opened by Mike Ryan's departure. He had Just as clear a sot at playing time as he does at Rutgers.

Wish him well, except when he is playing UCONN.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I thought there was an Iowa State kid in the same position who wanted UConn last year but couldn't because our teams played 2011. So how could we get an UMD kid?

We already have had a UMD kid (Donohue) transfer here. He'll play against the Terps in Sept.

Reaction Score
I remember that... The kid ( a RB ) ended up at Bethune Cookman

Reaction Score
I thought you couldn't transfer to a team that plays your old team.
I think your confusing this situation with what Schiano did to his former "Poster Boy" QB Savage....he wouldn't let him transfer to essentially ANY 1A school East of the Mississippi. I believe Dill graduated, so he isn't in the same category.

Reaction Score
I think that failing to make the bowl game hurts the 2012 recruiting class quite a bit. All of the players coming in the next few weeks, and past weeks - very few, if any of them have been actively recruited by the current staff for a long time, as the current head coach and coordinators have been on the job for less than a year, and had you know, to RE-recruit the 2011 class when they showed up, and then had a football season to run.......and the guys they'll be looking at now, are the ones that have lots of offers.....and they're coming to campus and won't be able to see the team practice, see meetings, see how things are run. Not making the bowl game was a big deal.

This time, next year, at least one different story is guaranteed, the top notch players out there in dec/jan 2012-2013 still unsigned, will be quite familiar with our staff. The other thing, which I fully expect and would be a complete failure worthy of signficant re-evaluation, would be the benefit of having all the practices for recruits to attend while we prepare for a bowl game. That's not guaranteed, but it's most definitely expected, and realistic.

On this transfer, Oh well. Lost that one. He was a one year player anyway.

On to the next one.

Reaction Score
I think PP's clock management was the deciding factor. Damn.....

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We already have had a UMD kid (Donohue) transfer here. He'll play against the Terps in Sept.
He transfered last year and sat out.

I'm talking about the graduate rule. I thought that players could not transfer to a shcool that was on his previous team's schedule. The RB from ISU wanted to transfer to UConn but was prevented by the rule because of our game.

Wouldn't the same rule have prevented a Maryland graduate transfer this year?

The case of O'Brien wouldn't apply here. St Joe's won't let him play anywhere.

Reaction Score

I'm talking about the graduate rule. I thought that players could not transfer to a shcool that was on his previous team's schedule. The RB from ISU wanted to transfer to UConn but was prevented by the rule because of our game.

You must have missed the point that the kid is graduating from Maryland, with a year of eligibility left. He doesn't have to sit out a year of eligibility if he enrolls at a school with a graduate program that accepts him, but must be a program that Maryland does NOT offer.

Reaction Score

The point is it is up to the school releasing the student, not the NCAA

Reaction Score
You must have missed the point that the kid is graduating from Maryland, with a year of eligibility left. He doesn't have to sit out a year of eligibility if he enrolls at a school with a graduate program that accepts him, but must be a program that Maryland does NOT offer.
No, I did not miss that. I understand the rule.

Last year, Bo Williams using the graduate rule wanted to leave ISU and attend UConn. But he couldn't (it was said) because UConn was on the ISU schedule. At least, that's how I heard it. The kid wanted UConn.

Did ISU say "no." That's not what was reported.

Reaction Score
I tracked it down (Damn I'm good.) The ISU AD - not the NCAA- blocked Williams from any school on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I tracked it down (Damn I'm good.) The ISU AD - not the NCAA- blocked Williams from any school on the schedule.

Interesting. Not sure how the rules read exactly, and frankly, don't really care right now. I'm more interested in building up a program with 4 and 5 year players right now, and I think the coaching staff is doing a pretty good job in bridging the gap with transfers at this point. It would be something if it turns out that Maryland had something to do with this current recruit not coming to UConn. But whatever. Gossip.

On to the next offensive lineman to join the UConn family.

Reaction Score
ahhh, the good old days when Uconn wasn't involved with anyone and never had any disappointment when the player went somehwere else....

But, there is virtually no talent on the 2012 Uconn roster. If PP doesn't start bringing in quality kids, it is going to be tough to win 7 games

Reaction Score
espn blog: rutgers....likes the family feel

Ya mean this kinda"family"?

tony_rutgers.jpg

Reaction Score
But, there is virtually no talent on the 2012 Uconn roster. If PP doesn't start bringing in quality kids, it is going to be tough to win 7 games

i have to disagree here. we're basically bringing back our entire defense minus Reyes and Martin and having an extra year under their belt in Brown's system should result in an overall improved defense. we're losing some good guys on the line, but we've always been able to produce a good oline and i don't think that will change. we lose Kash on O, but it's not like our offense has relied on any of its receivers since Easley left, and even with him only for about half a season. i think the loss we'll feel most is Teggart.

we're bringing most of the team back so i think as long as we have a logical progression from one more year of experience we should be able to muster 7 or 8 wins barring any surprises in the quality of our competition. plus don't forget we have a few decent transfers that will be eligible next season after having sat out this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom