Maryland Lawsuit | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Maryland Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not aware of the ACC ever not respecting the By-Laws of the Big East Conference. I think the exit fees of the Big East have been paid by everyone except Boise State, who has sued not to pay it in their case. But that doesn't involve the ACC.

The Boston College affair says otherwise. That was the backstabbing thing right there.

Reaction Score
Why do you care Matt, it's not like they took them from Syracuse.

Actually, you were still playing football in your mom's backyard in those days, but yes, they did. A couple times. We won the Big East more times than you did, and we did it when Miami and Va Tech were still in the conference. Not the watered down version that allowed you guys in as replacements.

Reaction Score
The Big East was incorporated as a non-profit in the District of Columbia in 1979.

As for whether the league was strong or weak, or whether the league's policies were smart or dumb, people like Jake Crouthamel were involved in the league on both the non-football and football sides from the very outset. If the league failed, it was because the people in charge (like Crouthamel et al.) put it in the position to do so.

The Big East was incorporated as a non-profit in the District of Columbia in 1979.

As for whether the league was strong or weak, or whether the league's policies were smart or dumb, people like Jake Crouthamel were involved in the league on both the non-football and football sides from the very outset. If the league failed, it was because the people in charge (like Crouthamel et al.) put it in the position to do so.

Not according to the minutes of the Big East meetings that were released to the media after the last raid. But I could be wrong about that. It would be beyond incompetent and they can't have been that bad.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Actually, you were still playing football in your mom's backyard in those days, but yes, they did. A couple times. We won the Big East more times than you did, and we did it when Miami and Va Tech were still in the conference. Not the watered down version that allowed you guys in as replacements.

You mean the watered down version that Syracuse has struggled with and gone 18-44?

Reaction Score
Funny to see Syracuse fans still talk smack when we owned them while both were in the Big East and the city has no hope. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm not aware of the ACC ever not respecting the By-Laws of the Big East Conference. I think the exit fees of the Big East have been paid by everyone except Boise State, who has sued not to pay it in their case. But that doesn't involve the ACC.

I have no idea what your response was intended to convey. Another conference can't violate a conference's by-laws, only a member can. But if you believe the ACC respected the BE or it's by-laws, that would be interesting.

The ACC is arguing that Maryland's departure weakened it financially. A member’s withdrawal leads to conference instability, the ACC has argued, and could hamper its ability to negotiate a lucrative TV deal.

Now, do you perhaps see some irony in that argument?

Reaction Score
You mean the watered down version that Syracuse has struggled with and gone 18-44?

Don't worry, we're coming back now. Just leave Pasqualoni and DeLeone in place a couple more years, and you will be looking just like we used to.

Reaction Score
Don't worry, we're coming back now. Just leave Pasqualoni and DeLeone in place a couple more years, and you will be looking just like we used to.

Gross and Robinson made you into a joke.

As for DeLeone, boy are you out of touch.

Familiarize yourself with TJ Weist.

Reaction Score
Gross and Robinson made you into a joke.

As for DeLeone, boy are you out of touch.

Familiarize yourself with TJ Weist.

Gross made one bad hire. Otherwise, he's done a great job. Our overall sports programs are going great - I think we finished in the top 25 in that Governor's Cup, or whatever it's called, which was our highest finish ever. Championship caliber teams and coaches in many more Olympic sports than we used to. Refreshed the Dome, got the Melo Center funded for hoops. Raised money for an indoor football facility, and is working on a second one. NYC branding gets mocked, but it has gotten the alumni to buy in big time. For a private school, we turn out great in other teams' arenas and travel so well that Georgetown changed their ticketing policy to avoid SU alums from buying out most of the seats. I give Gross two thumbs up.

Reaction Score
Gross made one bad hire. Otherwise, he's done a great job. Our overall sports programs are going great - I think we finished in the top 25 in that Governor's Cup, or whatever it's called, which was our highest finish ever. Championship caliber teams and coaches in many more Olympic sports than we used to. Refreshed the Dome, got the Melo Center funded for hoops. Raised money for an indoor football facility, and is working on a second one. NYC branding gets mocked, but it has gotten the alumni to buy in big time. For a private school, we turn out great in other teams' arenas and travel so well that Georgetown changed their ticketing policy to avoid SU alums from buying out most of the seats. I give Gross two thumbs up.

Why are you here talking about that?

This has been in reference to your football team losing a lot of games against UConn. You wrote about Uconn going backward while Cuse is coming up (even though you just lost your coach). It's crazy. I pointed out that your swoon had little to do with Pasqualoni (DeLeone isn't even our OC any more!! So why go on about that?)

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

I'm not worrying about Syracuse, believe me. I'm not sure I care much at all. I just found it ironic that you attempted to down UConn by pointing out that the BE was watered down when, during that time period, your school was 18-44 and was a perennial BE cellar dweller.

Reaction Score
I'm not worrying about Syracuse, believe me. I'm not sure I care much at all. I just found it ironic that you attempted to down UConn by pointing out that the BE was watered down when, during that time period, your school was 18-44 and was a perennial BE cellar dweller.

How many Big East titles do you have again? How many bowl wins? Who did you beat in those bowls? What are you program's biggest wins all time? Cocky newcomers.

I only posted in response to another person's post. I like to read this board for news of conference realignment, I'm not here to troll anymore. But I will respond when you all engage me.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
How many Big East titles do you have again? How many bowl wins? Who did you beat in those bowls? What are you program's biggest wins all time? Cocky newcomers.

I only posted in response to another person's post. I like to read this board for news of conference realignment, I'm not here to troll anymore. But I will respond when you all engage me.
Who was your coach during your BE glory years?

Reaction Score

Uconn has won the BE 2 out 9 years (22.2%). SU won it 5 out 22 years (22.7%). All your talk is eerily reminiscent to what we heard about our basketball team in the 90's and 2000's.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

If you weren't trolling you wouldn't catch all the crap that you do. This all started with your smart ass, unprovoked comment about UConn joining a watered down Big East. Had you not said that, you would not have had your ass handed to to you once again.

caw

Reaction Score

Neither SU, nor UConn have been nationally relevant in football since UConn moved to BCS/D-1A. Cuse has history before then though, which I don't think anyone would disagree with.

At this point in time neither UConn nor SU football are relevant in terms of national championship contention, neither are in the SEC/Pac/B1G, nor named Notre Dame.

SU does belong to the better league, but one still pretty far from the top league. Also it is not a forgone conclusion that this means SU will actually accomplish anything in the league they are now in, or even more than UConn will.

Maybe UConn will end up like Memphis, or maybe it will end up like Boise St. Maybe SU will end up like VaTech, or maybe it will end up like BC.

Would you rather be Boise St. or BC in football? I think Boise St. right now, you could argue BC makes more money, but Boise St. actually wins games and is part of the conversation. Obviously you would rather be VaTech than Memphis in football, though I'd argue Memphis in basketball, even though they are in a conference that pays a ton less.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn or Syracuse fans have the right to talk smack about football. Both programs are mediocre.

Also, when did IthacaMatt becomes such a raging d***? I remember him being a good poster on past boards.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn or Syracuse fans have the right to talk smack about football. Both programs are mediocre.

Also, when did IthacaMatt becomes such a raging d* ? I remember him being a good poster on past boards.

really? He has always been a total

Reaction Score

Also, when did IthacaMatt becomes such a raging d* ? I remember him being a good poster on past boards.

He was always a d*ck. He just mellowed after Melo got the monkey off his back in 2003. He's getting itchy again. We've won two titles since then.

Reaction Score
Article notes that MD has officially notified the ACC of its departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom