Maryland is losing to WIlliam and Mary

• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Well this game pretty much shows that we better stomp Maryland. I would be surprised if they score more than 14 against our defense.

Reaction Score
Our D should have no problem with the MD O, but that D is not bad. Our Offense could struggle.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone still on the fence about whether or not we are better off with P vs Edsall? Anyone still waiting for the revelation that we most definitely are to hit them squarely in the face? I mean the joy of watching Don Brown's defense alone...

BTW you can be pro P without being anti Edsall.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone still on the fence about whether or not we are better off with P vs Edsall? Anyone still waiting for the revelation that we most definitely are to hit them squarely in the face? I mean the joy of watching Don Brown's defense alone...

I am pro Coach P, but am 100% on the fence whether we are better off without Coach Edsall. Winning 2 be championships and running a clean program kind of does that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I am pro Coach P, but am 100% on the fence whether we are better off without Coach Edsall. Winning 2 be championships and running a clean program kind of does that.

The minute he admitted his dream job was somewhere else I knew we were better off without him.

I think PP keeps the program moving forward and, at this point in his life/career, has found HIS dream job. Gotta have a guy who wants to be here, isn't that what we expect from our players and recruits? If that's what we expect from the foot soldiers I think the same should go for the General.

Reaction Score

Speaking of the 2 and 3 way tie BE championships, did anyone hear the announcement that we will not have a championship game next year? I believe they said we will have a championship game after the 2013 season. With the expanded conference I think it is a disaster to not have a championship game next year. What if there is a 5 way tie and not all the teams have played head to head? Why no championship game next year?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Speaking of the 2 and 3 way tie BE championships, did anyone hear the announcement that we will not have a championship game next year? I believe they said we will have a championship game after the 2013 season. With the expanded conference I think it is a disaster to not have a championship game next year. What if there is a 5 way tie and not all the teams have played head to head? Why no championship game next year?
Next year is 2013 (unless those who believe that the Mayan calendar ending on 12/21 2012 means the world ends on that day are correct).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

It's a holiday weekend and I cracked my first beer about an hour ago. I'm assuming you're having a couple as well and see no shame in making this mistake. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Next year is 2013 (unless those who believe that the Mayan calendar ending on 12/21 2012 means the world ends on that day are correct).

Ah, I took the phrase "after the 2013 season" to mean the 2014 season. They should have just announced there will be a championship game in 2013. I think we know that occurs at the end of the season. I consider playoffs to be part of the season. Thanks for the clarification.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

My biggest concern two weeks from now is that a number of Twerp supporters will kidnap Brown, not let him leave and throw a bound and gagged RE onto our team bus while yelling "we just traded".

Reaction Score
My biggest concern two weeks from now is that a number of Twerp supporters will kidnap Brown, not let him leave and throw a bound and gagged RE onto our team bus while yelling "we just traded".

That same thought actually occurred to me watching the Maryland game today. I was thinking about the chances of Edsall getting fired at season's end and it occurred to me that they might come after Brown if he were fired. That's the problem of getting a hot coordinator, you can lose them.

Reaction Score
Well said fellow Poster, well said indeed.

pj

Reaction Score
That same thought actually occurred to me watching the Maryland game today. I was thinking about the chances of Edsall getting fired at season's end and it occurred to me that they might come after Brown if he were fired. That's the problem of getting a hot coordinator, you can lose them.

Coach Brown already turned down the head position at Yale, why would he step down to take the position at Maryland?

Reaction Score
Maryland looks like they have a ceiling of 4-8, with a 40 point loss to UConn of course. Hopefully he is around next year for the trip to CT.

Reaction Score
For those who enjoy mocking Edsall, the moment to do so will be upon us in two weeks. For those who like to praise Edsall, far, far more patience will (hopefully) be needed.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Edsall was the right guy for the upgrade and put good values and standards in place for the program. He deserves credit for that success, but so do Lew Perkins, Harry Hartley and other UConn presidents / trustees, and maybe even Jeff Hathaway (partial credit perhaps). I was in the pro-Edsall camp for a long time but (if memory serves) it was after the Temple loss that I decided it wouldn't be a bad thing if there was a regime change. Sometimes even when things are going OK it's a good thing to bring in new leadership for a fresh perspective to keep things dynamic. I'm not qualified to predict these things but it seems reasonable to argue that UConn's potential ceiling is probably a little bit higher with Coach P than with FHCRE. For sure, he has better relationships with HS coaches in CT and elsewhere, and with the media. It might be the case that 2011 was the perfect time for a new HC, coinciding roughly with a new president, new AD, and new conference commissioner, whether UConn winds up staying in the NNBE or going elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom