Maryland crushing West Virginia | The Boneyard

Maryland crushing West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
30 to zip. I know no one is posting because of Last week but our defense looks much better than WV. I hate to admit it but maybe Maryland is the real deal.

Reaction Score
...and maybe, hoping against hope, we're better than we think we are. We were down 13-10 at halftime to MD.

Reaction Score
Someone go over to Blue and Gold and harass them. When we lost to Towson they said any talk of UConn to the B12 should officially be put to bed. Apparently, we are as good as they are at least. Wtf had happened to WVU? They are disintegrating.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boy, West Virginia has just been a s--- sandwich for the Big 12.

Reaction Score
You're wrong. When you get the chance to take the leading producer of rumor mongerers, you can't pass it by. The Fish of West Virginia showed us that. What does UConn bring besides championships and literacy?

Reaction Score
Someone go over to Blue and Gold and harass them. When we lost to Towson they said any talk of UConn to the B12 should officially be put to bed. Apparently, we are as good as they are at least. Wtf had happened to WVU? They are disintegrating.

They have become, well, West Virginia. Throughout their history they are a team that is usally average at best with some good years mixed in. That cycle seems to have rest itself.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Basketball is going to be worse long term. WVU has no recruiting base anymore, and travel has a bigger impact on hoops than it does on football.

Reaction Score
The big question is.... why couldn't Edsall have done that here?

Done what? Beat West Virginia? (He did that). Win the conference? (He did that too).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The big question is.... why couldn't Edsall have done that here?
He did after Rich Rod left for Michigan..and he couldn't beat him there either. I can not believe MD isn't in the top 25 this week. But that is ok...with an off week coming up before heading to Tallahassee for an away game with FSU..they will jump in high after a win in that game.

Reaction Score
He did after Rich Rod left for Michigan..and he couldn't beat him there either. I can not believe MD isn't in the top 25 this week. But that is ok...with an off week coming up before heading to Tallahassee for an away game with FSU..they will jump in high after a win in that game.

The FSU game will be a challenge but I do think MD can compete with them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maryland catches a bit of a break catching them the game before Clemson too. FSU has a bye week so it's a little watered down but should help them some.

Reaction Score
Diggs is a game a changer for a program. Their other receiver Long is not too shabby either. Michigan didn't have a single receiver as good as those too. From watching both teams I also think UMD's oline was better. We've never had a player like Diggs in our program. He will have to work on his hands for the NFL but at the college level his speed always gets him open.

Michigan def had the better defense. A lot of speed on defense for UM.

Reaction Score
W hat I meant was RE's Md team looked complete ,a passing game an offense that wasn't vanilla. A good defense, where was all of that when he coached UCONN?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
W hat I meant was RE's Md team looked complete ,a passing game an offense that wasn't vanilla. A good defense, where was all of that when he coached UCONN?

We threw the ball quite a bit when Dan O was around.

I think FUCRE's biggest problem was that while UCONN football left the trailers behind, he never did in his mind.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someday some of you will come to realize how good of a job he did. You'd figure 10-17 might help, but still not there I guess.

Reaction Score
Someday some of you will come to realize how good of a job he did. You'd figure 10-17 might help, but still not there I guess.

It cracks me up no end when experts like SDH think they understand the limitations Edsall had getting highly sought after players to come to UConn better than Edsall did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom