Mark Bladschun: TCU to B12 Unlikely...But Louisville... | The Boneyard

Mark Bladschun: TCU to B12 Unlikely...But Louisville...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a globe guy has this story? no thanks. on this one, i'll trust chip brown over him.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He has 843 followers. I think he's throwing crap against the wall knowing how expansion-news starved college fans are.

Reaction Score
He did break the HCPP story. But don't trust him on B12 affairs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU is the focal point right now for the Big 12. They could pull in $25 or $30 million a year in the Big 12, but apparently their Board is still on the fence. If BYU goes to the Big 12, I think that membership stabilizes and the Big East is protected.

Reaction Score
Why would the Big 12 stop at 10 when everyone around them is going higher? At the very least, UL is geographically not bad, is in a metro area, has a strong following, is incredibly flush with cash, and has quality facilities.

Reaction Score
Texas does not want TCU in the Big 12. Pretty much any BCS or BCS caliber team that is vaguely in the Big 12 footprint is candidate.

Honestly, would WVU really want this? Those are some long trips for away games.

Reaction Score
Texas does not want TCU in the Big 12. Pretty much any BCS or BCS caliber team that is vaguely in the Big 12 footprint is candidate.

Honestly, would WVU really want this? Those are some long trips for away games.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither the ACC nor the SEC wants WVU. If the Big12 stabilizes and the Big East remains unstable, it would be in WVU's best interest to join that league. Assuming a stable league, WVU would trade lots of travel for a large annual conference football income.

Reaction Score
Whether th
Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither the ACC nor the SEC wants WVU. If the Big12 stabilizes and the Big East remains unstable, it would be in WVU's best interest to join that league. Assuming a stable league, WVU would trade lots of travel for a large annual conference football income.

Whether or not the BE stabilizes pretty much depends on what happens with WVU, UConn and others.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why would the Big 12 stop at 10 when everyone around them is going higher? At the very least, UL is geographically not bad, is in a metro area, has a strong following, is incredibly flush with cash, and has quality facilities.

The same reason every other league is stopping. Because adding in random teams does not automatically increase a league's revenue proportionally.

Reaction Score
The same reason every other league is stopping. Because adding in random teams does not automatically increase a league's revenue proportionally.
That is absolutley true, and it is also the problem with adding Air Force, Houston, and the like. Probably end up happening, and in the big East's current situation they almost have to add random teams, but the others really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom