Marcus Mariota | The Boneyard

Marcus Mariota

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He had a Washington offer too I believe.

Reaction Score
So as long as we recruit two or three star kids Memphis is looking at we'll start bringing in heisman winners?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nope, only 2.

There are articles that say Oregon was only offer. Some say 2. Some say Washington. Some sites say Notre Dame interest.... who knows.

Reaction Score
MM is from Hawaii, a place not many schools recruit. A place not many recruiting gurus know much about.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
He plays in Oregon a total winning environment , Memphis would of been disastrous for him

Reaction Score
There are articles that say Oregon was only offer. Some say 2. Some say Washington. Some sites say Notre Dame interest.... who knows.
Rivals, Wiki, the Hiesman show, and 247 all say just Oregon and Memphis offered.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
MM is from Hawaii, a place not many schools recruit. A place not many recruiting gurus know much about.

Pal - I am going to disagree with you on this one - not just because we always disagree but because I lived in Hawaii for 3.5 years while stationed with the finest fighting force in the world. Although Marcus may have only been a 2 star all the recruiting gurus know Hawaii well - doesnt mean his rating wasnt correct in HS or that he was missed, he was definetly seen by many and rated out as a 2 star at the time.
While I lived there Football is a BIG DEAL - many HS games on local TV weekly and some very talented and BIG (phyiscal) kids. Somoans and Hawaiians. It is heavily recruited by west coast teams and others due to the fact of the size and skill set of players that are D1 talents - there are 5 4 star recruits in Hawaii for 2015
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?State=HI
16 2 star or better recruits

This is NOT uncommon - 18 2 star or better recruits for 2014

It is a fertile recruiting area for PAC 12 teams.

Reaction Score
A 2 star Jordan Lynch from Northern Illinois had zero P5 offers and he was 3rd in the Heisman vote last year.

If we are truly moving toward a dual threat QB running the show, we can get good ones that aren't 4/5 stars. We'll find out if Sherriffs and/or Davis can fill that role.

Reaction Score
We had a Hawaii kid some yrs back, can't remember his name. During one of the open practices I asked him" how he found us". His reply, "they found me". Name escapes me but I think he went to Pres Obama's high school.

Reaction Score
Pal - I am going to disagree with you on this one - not just because we always disagree but because I lived in Hawaii for 3.5 years while stationed with the finest fighting force in the world. Although Marcus may have only been a 2 star all the recruiting gurus know Hawaii well - doesnt mean his rating wasnt correct in HS or that he was missed, he was definetly seen by many and rated out as a 2 star at the time.
While I lived there Football is a BIG DEAL - many HS games on local TV weekly and some very talented and BIG (phyiscal) kids. Somoans and Hawaiians. It is heavily recruited by west coast teams and others due to the fact of the size and skill set of players that are D1 talents - there are 5 4 star recruits in Hawaii for 2015
http:// /Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?State=HI
16 2 star or better recruits

This is NOT uncommon - 18 2 star or better recruits for 2014

It is a fertile recruiting area for PAC 12 teams.

Exactly. Hawaiian kids almost always end up on the west coast. More than 3/4 of the country rarely recruits them. So the low number of offers doesn't surprise me.

Of the top 25 recruits from Hawaii in 2014 all of them went to west coast schools except one that one went to Army

So far this year not one had committed further east than Colorado and he's an outlier.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Exactly. Hawaiian kids almost always end up on the west coast. More than 3/4 of the country rarely recruits them. So the low number of offers doesn't surprise me.

Of the top 25 recruits from Hawaii in 2014 all of them went to west coast schools except one that one went to Army

So far this year not one had committed further east than Colorado and he's an outlier.

Its not that they arent recruited by 3/4 - its just easier for them to stay out west for home - take a look at the offers - Bileima (sp) from Arkansas is all over the OL...but you are correct they stay out west for the most part - but I would not say gurus dont know much about them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro