Marcus Easley gets paid! | The Boneyard

Marcus Easley gets paid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
2.5 million guaranteed is NOT getting paid as he could be cut in August - or next off season - but congrats on Easley - well deserved.

Suh with 60 million guaranteed is getting paid...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
agreed - its not half bad...but it ain't getting paid by NFL standards.

Suh, Revis and others have that much in the glove box of their luxury vehicle.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
About 2.5 games for Revis.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
c'mon dude....he's a special teamer and just inked a legit contract for him. We all know he's notting getting Suh, Revis type money

C'mon what - I congratulated the young man.

its a legit contract - so is the one Tyvon Branch got paid - 2 million guaranteed and another 2 million in in games bonuses - for one year - and he might not start or play and not have to take the beating a gunner does.

I'm sorry I took offense to your title - I will put on my blue shaded sunglasses while on the BY - my bad.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Why would you bother to take offense at the title though? By the standards of 99% of Americans, Marcus is GETTING PAID

OP never said anything about "by NFL standards", but you decided to crap on the thread anyway.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Why would you bother to take offense at the title though? By the standards of 99% of Americans, Marcus is GETTING PAID

OP never said anything about "by NFL standards", but you decided to crap on the thread anyway.
opinions are like armpits...
and I don't believe I crapped on it but we will agree to disagree.

Go Huskies!!

I'm getting PAID tonight - Direct Deposit too!

Reaction Score
2.5 million guaranteed is NOT getting paid as he could be cut in August - or next off season - but congrats on Easley - well deserved.

I'm going to be a dip and point out that you never said ..."by NFL standards" in your first reply. So to 99.99999% of the world's population, and at least half of the posters on this board .... EASLEY GOT PAID! :p

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I'm going to be a dip and point out that you never said ..."by NFL standards" in your first reply. So to 99.99999% of the world's population, and at least half of the posters on this board .... EASLEY GOT PAID! :p
I'm getting PAID tonight - Direct Deposit too!

Reaction Score

Oops! That was a Bonehead-ed remark!

Reaction Score
It's the bonus and his first year that are guaranteed. So he's W-2 will be north of tow million in 2015. Nice if you can get it. Plus he will stick around a few more years. It ain't lifetime money but it sets him up very nicely.

Reaction Score
C'mon what - I congratulated the young man.

its a legit contract - so is the one Tyvon Branch got paid - 2 million guaranteed and another 2 million in in games bonuses - for one year - and he might not start or play and not have to take the beating a gunner does.

I'm sorry I took offense to your title - I will put on my blue shaded sunglasses while on the BY - my bad.

So your definition of wearing blue shaded sunglasses is not being a total asshat? I can live with that. Asshat.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It's the bonus and his first year that are guaranteed. So he's W-2 will be north of tow million in 2015. Nice if you can get it. Plus he will stick around a few more years. It ain't lifetime money but it sets him up very nicely.

IDK, it's about what most regular world professionals will make in 20 years. They pay a luxury tax since it is all at once of course, and have other %s taken for agents and stuff, but he is very close to having made "lifetime" type money in the NFL, IMO. He's already made well over $1.5 million too, right? Yeah, nice if you can get it :)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
IDK, it's about what most regular world professionals will make in 20 years. They pay a luxury tax since it is all at once of course, and have other %s taken for agents and stuff, but he is very close to having made "lifetime" type money in the NFL, IMO. He's already made well over $1.5 million too, right? Yeah, nice if you can get it :)
Assuming he doesn't have any career ending type injuries he shouldn't have to work after football. Worst case should be that he makes his guaranteed money with the Bills and then catches on elsewhere for a few more years at $500k.

He's not "set for life" in the same way the stars are but he should be able to have a comfortable life without working again. Definitely the case if he sticks for all 4 years of this contract.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Wow what a thread.

I'd just like to take this time to point out that neither myself, whaler, ConnHuskBask, or any of the other negative posters who have ruined the BY have participated negatively in this thread. Thank you.
I'd say it's not so much negativity in this particular thread as it is a combination of lunacy and asshattery.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
So your definition of wearing blue shaded sunglasses is not being a total asshat? I can live with that. Asshat.

Name calling by lawyer - figures.

-10 points.

HE GOT PAID!

Reaction Score
Assuming he doesn't have any career ending type injuries he shouldn't have to work after football. Worst case should be that he makes his guaranteed money with the Bills and then catches on elsewhere for a few more years at $500k.

He's not "set for life" in the same way the stars are but he should be able to have a comfortable life without working again. Definitely the case if he sticks for all 4 years of this contract.

If he immediately moves to Panama, Costa Rica, the Dominican or somewhere else the US dollar goes a long way he may not have to work. if he buys a profitable business and invests very wisely he may not have to work. However, he should plan on working.

He's in the 40% tax bracket. Add in state income tax (NY has one right?) and he's bringing home roughly half of what he is "paid".

If he actually gets paid the full value of the contract, he'll have brought home about 3.5 million, and will be 31 years old.

They don't get an NFL pension until 55, and that amount is roughly $500/month for each season. I don't know how his injuries effect that (lost 1-2 years) but if he plays 10 years, he'll get about $5k/month. Sounds nice, but that $60k/ year will be in 2043 dollars (pension may adjust for inflation, I don't know).

So if he didn't work after football, he'd have to live 28 years on $3.5 million. That's $125k/year after taxes. This is where perspective becomes important. If you're used to raising a family of 3 or 4 on $125-150k year, then $125k/year as a single guy sounds incredible. If you're used to being a single guy, bringing home $250-$300k a year, and then are told you have to cut your spending in half, while you have as much free time as you want, (since you're not working), then you may have a hard time "living within your means". If you plan on having a family, someone will be working.

It's a great story, walk-on, endured injuries, and now gets a very good contract for his position/role. We should all be proud of him as a Husky. He's done well for himself, all I'm saying is he shouldn't plan on retiring after football.

Reaction Score
Wow what a thread.

I'd just like to take this time to point out that neither myself, whaler, ConnHuskBask, or any of the other negative posters who have ruined the BY have participated negatively in this thread. Thank you.

So you have trained your proteges so well that they are now ready to step in when you're busy? Great news for the rest of us. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom