Manning out of the season?! | The Boneyard

Manning out of the season?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Rumors are spreading today that Peyton Manning had neck fusion surgery today and will be out for the entire season.

Didn't his oldest brother Cooper have to retire from football because of neck/spine problems? Hopefully this isn't the end for Peyton.

Wonder if the Colts regret giving him that contract before the season started now? How much of this did Peyton and his agent know before signing the deal? Hmm?

Either way, this is horrible news for the Colts...they will be looking at a good draft pick this year anyway! And it opens up the division for the Texans to finally make the postseason this year!

Reaction Score
As much as I LOATHE Peyton Manning, I respect him and he is one of the best quarterbacks of our generation - (however, Brady still is the better of the two.) I would hate for his career to end this way if it does.

However, it's not like I'm going to be watching many Colts games now that Manning is out for the forseeable future because Kerry Collins is about as :eek: as you can get.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Colts do end up putting Manning on IR in a few weeks, if Orlovsky will get his spot back on the Colts roster? Or maybe they just sign a younger guy as they clearly wouldn't being playing for this year.

Reaction Score
Oh yea hes done for the season. They must of known about this a long time ago.

Reaction Score
why wouldnt they sign David Garrard, Collins needs to be behind a solid O-line to be successful he is Bledsoe like, strong arm but is a statue in the pocket, cant see him lasting the season. Of course Danny O is out there.

Reaction Score
Rumors are spreading today that Peyton Manning had neck fusion surgery today and will be out for the entire season.

Didn't his oldest brother Cooper have to retire from football because of neck/spine problems? Hopefully this isn't the end for Peyton.

Wonder if the Colts regret giving him that contract before the season started now? How much of this did Peyton and his agent know before signing the deal? Hmm?

Either way, this is horrible news for the Colts...they will be looking at a good draft pick this year anyway! And it opens up the division for the Texans to finally make the postseason this year!
I used to rep a golf shirt company from New Orleans and the owners family were best friends with the Mannings. The owner was a former 2 guard from Tulane who was drafted by the lakers. Anyway, the kids of both families grew up playing sports together.They told me Cooper was an incredible athlete and by far the most talented of the Mannings. As I recall it was a neck/spine problem that killed Cooper's chances of a career in sports. Cooper was a lot more like his Dad Archie who was an outstanding scrambler/runner and probably took more of a beating than any quarterback in NFL history. Neither Peyton or Eli could hold a candle to their Dad athleticly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom