Makai Ashton-Langford & Makhtar Gueye will take unofficial to UConn on Tuesday | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton-Langford & Makhtar Gueye will take unofficial to UConn on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
man-in-black-and-white-taking-photos-in-car.jpg

Reaction Score
Is vin pastore the guy on SnY with the slicked back hair with Gary apple and Tarik turner? Just wondering!

Reaction Score
nice to see MAL before he heads down to virginia for NBAPA Top 100 camp. depending on his play, he could easily see a boost in ranking the same way hamidou did last summer.

Reaction Score
These 2 guys + a wing + a center and we'd be set at every position next year, plus we could still have a schollie for 2018

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Very Nice
Kepp'em coming, Keep'em coming to Storrs
Only the start of something special for 2017

Reaction Score
Is vin pastore the guy on SnY with the slicked back hair with Gary apple and Tarik turner? Just wondering!

Vin Pastore is Salvatore "Big " Bonpensiero from The Sopranos.

Reaction Score
Gueye is interesting. He's raw, but even at 6'9 or 10 does have some guard skills. Reminiscent of Wenyen Gabriel, but not as far along in his development as Gabriel became last year of course. I wouldn't expect much as an underclassman, but he has a high ceiling.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Any insider scoop on the visit? Top target in town!

caw

Reaction Score

A couple others (Wabissa Bede PG '17 and Taelon Martin G '19) joined the fun

That's a good quartet to have on campus. I like Bede's game, though he's not on MALs level, he would be good at any number of programs.

Reaction Score
That's a good quartet to have on campus. I like Bede's game, though he's not on MALs level, he would be good at any number of programs.
saw him at the natl prep showcase when mal played through a wrist injury . Bede is not afraid to let them fly, he's a bit of a gunner. not sure i would be the biggest fan of his but for sure a high d1 player.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
saw him at the natl prep showcase when mal played through a wrist injury . Bede is not afraid to let them fly, he's a bit of a gunner. not sure i would be the biggest fan of his but for sure a high d1 player.
He's one of those undersized 2 guards who goes to, like, Monmouth or Ball State and averages 20+ ppg and makes a crazy tournament run as a junior or senior.

If BCU were smart they'd go all-in on getting him, since they're basically mid-majors now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
fml ! I had three bathrooms to choose from in Champions and must have gotten to one no one likes. Since noon I have holed myself in the left stall waiting to see if any players came in and chatted it up. Only action was a maintenance guy who stunk up the joint like rancid German cheese. And some students who beat up a poor kid named Dale.

I honestly would have helped but my legs were numb.

feet-in-bathroom-stall.jpg

C

Chief00

It will be interesting to see what our recruiting formula will be now that some circumstances have changed?

We obviously need to reload quickly and get on a roll again.

I assume due to geography Adams played a role here. Purvis is usually a plus. It's kind of by committee now - I assume Coach Miller did a tour of facilities.

What will be our sizzle besides Coach Ollie?

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what our recruiting formula will be now that some circumstances have changed?

We obviously need to reload quickly and get on a roll again.

I assume due to geography Adams played a role here. Purvis is usually a plus. It's kind of by committee now - I assume Coach Miller did a tour of facilities.

What will be our sizzle besides Coach Ollie?
Now that Bunky is gone, will our rate of players transferring out increase?

C

Chief00

Now that Bunky is gone, will our rate of players transferring out increase?

I sense once a player lives the UConn experience we are in good shape. What we have when things are firing on all pistons is that visit sizzle to complement KO's good office presentation. That's the question to me is that memorable and differentiates us from competitors? Now granted summer day visits with your coach are different than an official overnight deal.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I sense once a player lives the UConn experience we are in good shape. What we have when things are firing on all pistons is that visit sizzle to complement KO's good office presentation. That's the question to me is that memorable and differentiates us from competitors? Now granted summer day visits with your coach are different than an official overnight deal.
Wouldn't surprise me if Ollie and co. get better reactions on the unofficial visits because the campus is beautiful and lively during the day, but once the kid stays overnightfot the official he will see there is little to do here in terms of night life compared to comparable schools. That matters to some of the guys who plan to be here for a few years, and I don't blame 'em.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA