"Mais ou sont les neiges d'autan..." | The Boneyard

"Mais ou sont les neiges d'autan..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where are the snows of yesteryear...? I sometimes get more than mildly piqued with 'Yarders who are injustice collectors. ESPN is biased; then fans on other boards hate us, let's focus on our story. If we don't, who will?

Let's begin with continuity. At MSG yesterday, there was a collection seldom seen except for JC's charity games. There were more than a score of former UConn players in the house. These former players are still
part of the UConn tradition; they aren't going away. Their experiences as players in national flag blue and white are still important to them. It means something to see new blood with UConn on the front of the jersey
taking names and kicking butt.

If others don't like our narrative, so be it. UConn is still a major basketball power, and there is no reason to believe that it is going to end soon. More than a few years ago I wrote a silly post about Calhoun's Brain being
preserved in a tank and still coaching the Huskies 50 years in the future.( Does anyone but me remember the
SCFi movie "Donovan's Brain?")

Here we are in 2014 with Calhoun's brain and heart coaching the Huskies. So in the UConn narrative as I tell
it; I remember the snows of yesterday, but I see the snows of today; and I know there will be similar snows
tomorrow. As Husky fans, we need to believe that this program is something special. We have a past, present, and future of achievement.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Where are the snows of yesteryear...? I sometimes get more than mildly piqued with 'Yarders who are injustice collectors. ESPN is biased; then fans on other boards hate us, let's focus on our story. If we don't, who will?

That's a great line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits