Mad Max | The Boneyard

Mad Max

Reaction Score
Because I'm trying to get a better handle on American Horror Story before I subject myself to it, last night I watched Mad Max on Netflix. What a GREAT movie - low budget obviously, but very well done. Gonna have to do the Road Warrior and Thunderdome too now I fear.

Reaction Score
Because I'm trying to get a better handle on American Horror Story before I subject myself to it, last night I watched Mad Max on Netflix. What a GREAT movie - low budget obviously, but very well done. Gonna have to do the Road Warrior and Thunderdome too now I fear.

Road Warrior is the best in the series, just awesome. Thunderdome is also very good. They created a world an did a wonderful job exploring it. Much more than just action movies.

My favor line from Mad Max is Toecutter to the railway manager. "Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have."

Reaction Score
Road Warrior is the best in the series, just awesome. Thunderdome is also very good. They created a world an did a wonderful job exploring it. Much more than just action movies.

My favor line from Mad Max is Toecutter to the railway manager. "Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have."

I think that's what grabbed me last night (thank you for bringing it to mind). I felt like I was immersed in another world, yet there are virtually no special effects, etc and obviously very little budget. It's more just the story, costumes, etc. But it feels very real.

Reaction Score
Definitely check out Road Warrior. I saw that in the theater when it came out and it still holds up now. Kind of like the Kurgan in Highlander, there was a balancing act with the Lord Humongous. He was great in every scene he was in, but if he appeared more, he probably wouldn't have been as memorable.

I wouldn't be in a rush to watch Beyond Thunderdome, but that's just me. Then again, when the kids from the plane are all chanting "Walker, Walker..." you can pretend they're talking about Kemba.

Reaction Score
Road Warrior is definitely the best of the bunch. Plenty of colorful characters, both friend and foe. I just love the gyro pilot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom