Mack | The Boneyard

Mack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like him as a nickelback but anything deep he gets burned.

Reaction Score
I remember calling Mack out against NC State when he gave them that late touchdown that sealed the game and a few more times this year, but I agree he's a good nickle back not a starting CB.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In 10 months he's our most experienced and best CB.

He is very similar to Gratz in terms of what he bring to the defense.

Very good against the run, usually good for one pass defense a game and over matched against top flight WR talent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mack spent all night getting picked on. If he is your best corner.... Your defense would be unwatchable.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing going against him is that our two starters are both very highly regarded so I imagine that when an opponent begins installing their gameplan against us one imperative that is stressed to their QB is that when we go nickle (or give one of our starting CB's a blow) they need to find out who Mack is covering and look for him.

Reaction Score
The last Pitt TD, where he was beat deep by Shanahan, he was playing the nickel.

Mack has the talent to be a good CB next year. He has to be better, consistently, on executing techniques. On the TD, he was in great position when the QB made the throw, but he stopped and tried to look back and find the ball instead of waiting for Shanahan's eyes to turn and finding it that way. When he looked back, Shanahan just drifted by him.

Reaction Score
We are in deep trouble at CB next year. Wouldn't surprise me to see Jones moved there. Just have to hope that someone who has not played yet steps up. Don Brown will earn his money next year (if he's still here).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Depending on how well the CB's on the current roster who will be around next year fare, we may see more than one safety moved to CB in 2013.

Reaction Score
If we're being fair, the first defensive series of the second half Blidi sat, Mack played the corner and Stevenson played the nickel. Stevenson left his zone wide open and got burned for it on one play in the short time he was in.

pj

Reaction Score
The last Pitt TD, where he was beat deep by Shanahan, he was playing the nickel.

Mack has the talent to be a good CB next year. He has to be better, consistently, on executing techniques. On the TD, he was in great position when the QB made the throw, but he stopped and tried to look back and find the ball instead of waiting for Shanahan's eyes to turn and finding it that way. When he looked back, Shanahan just drifted by him.

It was a well thrown ball, doubt he would have defended it successfully even with good technique. But he did make it easy.

Reaction Score
He has the talent, but like most young players he has major lapses in executing proper technique. We have been spoiled at CB because two good ones have been starters for so long.

Mack will be fine, though i think Jones or Lee may move to CB next season.

Reaction Score
Imo, it will be Mack and Jones at the corners, with Brown and Adams at the safeties... But of course there will be allot of competition so anything is possible for 2013…

Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
I think he gets picked on, because he looks small. I'm not sure how tall he is, but he looks like a munchkin to the guys he's covering. Why is he covering a te anyways? where's the safety?

Reaction Score
We are in deep trouble at CB next year. Wouldn't surprise me to see Jones moved there. Just have to hope that someone who has not played yet steps up. Don Brown will earn his money next year (if he's still here).

Agreed. But I thought PP was an upgrade in recruiting. So how about bringing in a couple of stud freshman to man this position. Once again, PP needs to start landing playmakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom