Luke Fickel to Cincy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Luke Fickel to Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. Of course we're falling behind. UC identified a weak coach and got rid of him. Their replacement comes from under the Urban Meyer tree. My guess is that UC won't pinch pennies with Fickel's staff either. UC has made one bad hire in 20 years so they get a bit of a longer leash. One thing that I can guarantee is that Fickel's OC won't be a retread guy with zero experience calling plays.

The net positive is that UC got rid of a bad coach and successfully negotiated a buyout. That alone pushes us further down the AAC pecking order.

Cincy went out into the open market and tripped on their own dicks. There was zero demand out there for Fickell.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Has PJ Fleck priced himself out of a bigger gig? I'm surprised he didn't get a new job.

He certainly could have left if he had wanted to - I don't think any of the openings were quite right for him and with a good team coming back, he's betting on himself and waiting to see what's open next year.

If anyone thinks he's coming here, they need a 12-step program.

Reaction Score
So in this case, the market was rational, not fickle.

husky laughing.jpg

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We're falling behind here?

Cincy couldn't score in a whorehouse, so they go out and hire a defensive coordinator - should work out really well.

Cincy had a great list of targets and they clearly were forced to settle for Fickel.
He's goin to run an uptempo spread on offense. Apparently he laid out an entire offensive plan during his interview.

I'm not sure how well it will work out but he is known as a great recruiter and apparently loca recruits are encouraged by the hire. He has already added Marcus Freeman who is supposedly a great recruiter. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Not much difference from the stuff Cincy already ran. Shoukd be a smooth transition for them

Reaction Score
There are some nice options for us out there. Just need our nutless morons in Storrs to take action.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati, like Houston and many other aspiring G5 schools, understands that the only way out of the AAC and into a P5 conference is through football. We do not.

They also have Ohio and Texas to recruit both coaches and players from. We have a better school and a state government willing to write us checks. Play to your strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom