Luck to change for the Leprechauns? | The Boneyard

Luck to change for the Leprechauns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The format they're discussing about this playoff worries me. If it's not done right, it will set back the college football post season such that the chances of having a real playoff eventually for a national champion will be farther away than ever.

There are 11 division 1-A conferences. How in the heck are you only going to pick 4 teams for a playoff? If this is done, with plan in mind to eventually hvae a 12 team playoff over 4 weeks, with 1 at large. 11 games.

The top 4 seeds would get the first week off. The other 8 would play the first weekend to fill in an 8 team playoff bracket. True national champion game 2 weeks later. I've filled out baksetball brackets every year since 1990. I can draw up a 12 team playoff in college football in 15 seconds.

11 playoff games to be hosted somewhere.

The conference commissioners can't screw this up, we've never been this close before.

Reaction Score
The invitation / conference contract bowl system can co-exist. A program, say like the Big 10 or Pac 10 champion, that would rather play in the Rose Bowl? Fine. Play the rose bowl, but they forfeit their spot in the playoff bracket and the national championship title.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The format they're discussing about this playoff worries me. If it's not done right, it will set back the college football post season such that the chances of having a real playoff eventually for a national champion will be farther away than ever.

There are 11 division 1-A conferences. How in the heck are you only going to pick 4 teams for a playoff? If this is done, with plan in mind to eventually hvae a 12 team playoff over 4 weeks, with 1 at large. 11 games.

The top 4 seeds would get the first week off. The other 8 would play the first weekend to fill in an 8 team playoff bracket. True national champion game 2 weeks later. I've filled out baksetball brackets every year since 1990. I can draw up a 12 team playoff in college football in 15 seconds.

Who in their right mind would prefer Arkansas State in a tournament that left a second place Oregon or Oklahoma at home?
11 playoff games to be hosted somewhere.

The conference commissioners can't screw this up, we've never been this close before.

Yes, the Big 10 and SEC are going to agree to a playoff system that allows the Sun Belt, MAC and WAC champions in while their second best team stays home. Any second now.

Yes, let's leave a second place USC or Oklahoma at home and bring Arkansas State and Bowling Green to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom