Love this article on why UConn wins | The Boneyard

Love this article on why UConn wins

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great stuff. There are quotes from LaChina, Kara Lawson, and Rebecca Lobo. Very insightful comments.

Analyst LaChina Robinson, who has worked games for Fox Sports and ESPN, said she has marveled at UConn practices. Robinson, who played at Wake Forest, acknowledged that UConn recruits coachable, smart and mentally tough players.

But once those players enter UConn, the coaching staff extracts the most out of them.

"Having attended UConn practices and shootarounds, I learned more in those times than I do in five other practices with other teams, combined," Robinson said. "It's the attention to detail and not just one play, but on every drill. It trickles down from the coaching staff to every player, even those who may never touch the floor. … When you talk to Sue [Bird] and Swin [Cash] and those guys, obviously they played on great teams, but they talk about how he would put them in situations where it was almost impossible to succeed. Every day in practice. So he made it possible so that in the games it would be easy
."

Got A Problem To Overcome? Geno Teaches His UConn Players To Figure It Out, Courant

By the way, compare LaChina's comments to those of SMU's Coach Mays in my signature line. I sense a theme here.

Reaction Score
Awesome write-up. Someone has to explain to me why after 30+ years CD is still not in the Hall of Fame or the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. There is no excuse! Her bball dna ends up all over every player who puts on the blue and white. Pet peeve

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Awesome write-up. Someone has to explain to me why after 30+ years CD is still not in the Hall of Fame or the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. There is no excuse! Her bball dna ends up all over every player who puts on the blue and white. Pet peeve

EXCELLENT POST !!!!! WELL done !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom