Love the guys behind thebench | The Boneyard

Love the guys behind thebench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man with the Whalers jersey has been getting a LOT of airtime. He's wearing a Yale cap.

Reaction Score
I saw at least three difference UConn jerseys at the Garden this weekend. Granted, everyone and their brother had a jersey of some random team, even some AHL ugly Christmas sweater jersey :-O, but it was nice to see the representation. Plenty of Sioux jerseys, I'll tell you that.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Actually there was a minute long discussion on the Chicago/Nashville broadcast about the number of former Whalers involved in the playoffs and a quick nod to how good the fans were in Hartford.

They also went on to say that the Predators had employed all kinds of tactics to keep non-Predator fans from buying tickets, like not accepting out of state credit cards and encouraging season ticket holders the chance to buy more tickets before they went on sale to the general public. I'm sorry but if you can't fill your arena during the playoffs, you shouldn't have a team.

Reaction Score
Actually there was a minute long discussion on the Chicago/Nashville broadcast about the number of former Whalers involved in the playoffs and a quick nod to how good the fans were in Hartford.

They also went on to say that the Predators had employed all kinds of tactics to keep non-Predator fans from buying tickets, like not accepting out of state credit cards and encouraging season ticket holders the chance to buy more tickets before they went on sale to the general public. I'm sorry but if you can't fill your arena during the playoffs, you shouldn't have a team.
In fairness to Nashville, Hawks fans are notorious for being (no pun intended) predatory with opposing team venue tickets. To the point that the second Nashville put the tickets on sale, they'd flood the phone lines and buy everything up. Wouldn't even be a case that Nashville wouldn't be able to sell out, more that Chicago fans wouldn't give them the opportunity to do so. Nebraska-Omaha had to institute a similar local credit card policy for Frozen Four tickets last week after BU and North Dakota fans started flooding their ticket office lines with purchase requests.

Reaction Score

Nashville sold 98.5% of their seats during the regular season. How else would they even be comfortable to not accept out-of-state cards?

So....when does the SEC start a league?! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nashville sold 98.5% of their seats during the regular season. How else would they even be comfortable to not accept out-of-state cards?

So....when does the SEC start a league?! :rolleyes:
BUT BUT if you ask NCHC fans, they're the SEC of college hockey!

Reaction Score

We UConn fans should be all too familiar with this phenomenon from the other side.

Like when we had to buy whole ticket packages just to go to a single game against St. John's.

Nashville wants to make sure its fans can actually go to the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom