Love That This Team Is Talking | The Boneyard

Love That This Team Is Talking

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And it isn't my fault no one else seems to find this stuff!

"Williams was the player who from the opening day of practice has attempted to be a presence on the court and off of it for a team that can tend to be a little soft spoken.
“I want that role,” Williams said. “It is more of I want this team to have somebody to go to when things are getting tough. It is more about what the guys did for me when I was younger, I want to make sure our guys have that."

From CD: “Sometimes you can have it in you and it is a matter of putting them into situations to see how they are going to respond in tough situations. I am not sure if any of them could have done it by themselves, but as a core group they have been able to lean on each other the times that they have needed to and any game that we have had, somebody has always done what we needed them to do, they have stepped up. Sometimes it is Gabby, sometimes it is Lou, sometimes it is Phee. It is at different times in the game or in practice it is different times of stepping up. That is part of growing as a player or a person.”

Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams have emerged as leaders as UConn women chase history

Reaction Score
AR-170119797.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Thing 1 and Thing 2! :cool:

This was such a great read. Thank you for sharing!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You see also how important having at least one classmate is - the bonding between Kia and Gabby, and between Napheesa and Lou is clear - following the same treaturous path with a buddy makes it a little easier. I think Saniya could really have benefitted from having another recruit in her class to share anxieties with.

I wonder if Crystal is perhaps finding herself somewhere between her fellow freshman and the sophomores, and maybe Chong is the one who is stepping in and it is helping them both?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You see also how important having at least one classmate is - the bonding between Kia and Gabby, and between Napheesa and Lou is clear - following the same treaturous path with a buddy makes it a little easier. I think Saniya could really have benefitted from having another recruit in her class to share anxieties with.

I wonder if Crystal is perhaps finding herself somewhere between her fellow freshman and the sophomores, and maybe Chong is the one who is stepping in and it is helping them both?
Hopefully Molly or Kyla are building that bond with her. But yeah, I look at the bench I don't see her sitting next to that special mate.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Molly or Kyla are building that bond with her. But yeah, I look at the bench I don't see her sitting next to that special mate.
Crystal is roommates with Kyla so they must have some kind of bond by now!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I've also heard that Crystal and Azura Stevens really hit it off.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've also heard that Crystal and Azura Stevens really hit it off.
If that's true next year should be the year UConn basketball is outlawed in 14 states.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom