Louisville in Crisis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville in Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's worse: hiring hookers for recruits or accurately reporting your grades and APR to the NCAA, and getting sanctioned under a rule that didn't exist when the grades were earned?

According to the ACC, it's the latter.

Reaction Score
How the heck did Clint Hurtt end up in the NFL?!? I guess it helps to know pro players' lifestyles. :rolleyes:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If you're going to have a scandal, don't get caught before admission to the club.

Yup. LCC did an excellent job of hiding all of their cheating until after they got into the ACC. Ditto with Syracuse.

Dooley

Reaction Score
What's worse: hiring hookers for recruits or accurately reporting your grades and APR to the NCAA, and getting sanctioned under a rule that didn't exist when the grades were earned?

According to the ACC, it's the latter.

The ACC and the NCAA. And don't forget that 10 years of rampant cheating (covering up player academic eligibility, drug arrests, fake classes, etc) is of an equivalent offense as the G-D APR...unless you're Oklahoma State football and have figured out that you can enroll a 40 year old into classes to skirt a ban!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do we really want to to be in a conference like the ACC?

Sadly, yes.

Agree that the B1G is the first choice but when the water's over the deck, you don't care if the lifeboat stinks.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The ACC knows Pimpin ain't easy so they understand the Ville's issues more.

Ice Cube said it best when he said...

Pimpin' ain't easy but it's necessary
So I'm chasing b1tches like Tom chases Jerry

I guess you can replace "I" with "the ACC" and "b1tches" with "Da LCC".

Reaction Score
Besides do you honestly think the ACC wants a team that actually posts it really APR scores? LOl screw that crap North Carolina gave a class to all the ACC members on how to get by that crap with made up classes.

Reaction Score
Was thinking about this last night while watching the new NCIS and got stuck on a few facts

• Pitino’s prior escape at an Italian Restaurant
  • Coach Petrino’s prior indiscretions around women at Arkansas
  • Former Assistant AD Hermann’s refusal to take action regarding harassment complaints surrounding Louisville’s women’s lax team, which the university lost in court
  • Adult entertainment provided to basketball recruits and players at Louisville’s basketball dorm by university official
These events have two common threads.
  • First, all three coaches and the Assistant AD were hired by AD Jurich
  • Second, all revolved in one way or another inappropriate (and sometimes illegal) treatment of women
Wasn’t UConn and several other universities sued over its handling of sexual assault and harassment claims under Title IX a few years back? I would think the events outlined above can be easily construed as creating an environment of fear/abuse for women at the University of Louisville and in particular within its Athletic department. If I can make that connection, a lawyer will be easily be able to do so. That would be a Federal level lawsuit that could really embarrass the University by dragging out more dirt and could impact the University’s access to Federal funds. Any such lawsuit, even if the University avoided going to court to settle such, will likely cost Jurich’s his job, too, as the school would be forced to clean house or face a never-ending string of lawsuits.

Reaction Score
Was thinking about this last night while watching the new NCIS and got stuck on a few facts

• Pitino’s prior escape at an Italian Restaurant
  • Coach Petrino’s prior indiscretions around women at Arkansas
  • Former Assistant AD Hermann’s refusal to take action regarding harassment complaints surrounding Louisville’s women’s lax team, which the university lost in court
  • Adult entertainment provided to basketball recruits and players at Louisville’s basketball dorm by university official
These events have two common threads.
  • First, all three coaches and the Assistant AD were hired by AD Jurich
  • Second, all revolved in one way or another inappropriate (and sometimes illegal) treatment of women
Wasn’t UConn and several other universities sued over its handling of sexual assault and harassment claims under Title IX a few years back? I would think the events outlined above can be easily construed as creating an environment of fear/abuse for women at the University of Louisville and in particular within its Athletic department. If I can make that connection, a lawyer will be easily be able to do so. That would be a Federal level lawsuit that could really embarrass the University by dragging out more dirt and could impact the University’s access to Federal funds. Any such lawsuit, even if the University avoided going to court to settle such, will likely cost Jurich’s his job, too, as the school would be forced to clean house or face a never-ending string of lawsuits.

Yeah ... where is that attorney Gloria Allred now. She needs to be immediately on a Plane.

But ... I was thinking as I drove by the YUM Center in Louisville 10 days ago: this is one of the finest AD in College athletics in terms of getting facilities and enterprises done. Public monies, donations, financing ... they are top shelf. That's what this period taught us. Jurich could do amazing things; but, they don't really care about the individual students. That's the bottom line.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As far Allred, when she was grabbing headlines at UConn (claiming the collegiate environment was conducive to assaulting women) the press was bringing up the rape allegations against Jameis Winston and she never uttered a word on that (nor did she attempt to visit Tallahassee). She demonstrated exactly what she was then, willing to grab quick and easy headlines (prior to her joining the fray UConn's new leadership had already made it clear things would change) but unwilling to go where there could be some resistance.

One thing Pitino has against him is that Louisville has already forced out a beloved, championship winning men's basketball coach when they felt he had outlived his usefulness (ironically to give Pitino the job). There is no way he can play the sentiment card to keep his job.

Reaction Score
If you want a good laugh go into the comments section of that deadspin article and look at the post someone uploaded of something Silva said. I honestly didn't understand 1 word he says in that post. Its like he has an education of a 5 grader... or an alum of the Ville...

Reaction Score
Okay, the B1G is not perfect...AAC doesn't have any scandals!!

And let's be fair here: Rutgers does quite well with the APR, across the board. But damn they've had too many missteps the past couple of years so I get your criticism.

Rutgers' football APR has traditionally cracked to top 20 since Schiano was roaming the sidelines - often in the top 10.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...l-among-teams-cited-high-apr-scores/27653675/

Rutgers is no Louisville when it comes to academics - it's a deserving AAU school with historic punch on the academic side.

ACC fans were full of gloat & insecurity when they lost Maryland & Louisville joined - citing all of the Cardinal's short term athletics' success - forgetting that true ACC supporters care about the academics as well. Louisville got in because FSU threatened to leave unless a school with football heritage and common bonds was added. Double check on the Ville, former Metro mates with FSU.

Jurich is exceptionally overrated as AD, he's no Mark Hollis. He hired the P's: Pitino and Petrino, the latter, especially, did not deserve another FBS job - an absolutely horrible human being. Need we say more:

http://static.foxsports.com/content...lash-10AM-JW-PI_20120404122053677_660_320.JPG

Reaction Score
If you want a good laugh go into the comments section of that deadspin article and look at the post someone uploaded of something Silva said. I honestly didn't understand 1 word he says in that post. Its like he has an education of a 5 grader... or an alum of the Ville...

The worst part is that the post was edited. What could it have looked like before?

Reaction Score
Can we please take a moment to evaluate the ACC's putrid realignment track record?

• Louisville - football's back to sucking, basketball's entrenched in a scandal
  • Syracuse - instant bball scandal, football hasn't been good in decades
  • Miami - perennial scandals in between underachieving seasons
  • Pitt - meh
  • Virginia Tech - more meh
  • BC - hahaha
And that's on top of the conference's royalty - UNC and FSU - going through their own recent issues.

IF UConn ever makes it to the B1G, not getting an ACC invite when Maryland could turn out to be an enormous blessing.

Reaction Score
IF UConn ever makes it to the B1G, not getting an ACC invite when Maryland could turn out to be an enormous blessing.

Oh please. That's like being turned down by a stripper you pour your heart out to tonight, and then saying well, if I end up with Brooklyn Decker that will have been an enormous blessing.

I'd kill to be in the ACC today (especially since it wouldn't get me kicked out). If I later find out it cost me the Big, I'll worry about that when it happens.

Reaction Score
Oh please. That's like being turned down by a stripper you pour your heart out to tonight, and then saying well, if I end up with Brooklyn Decker that will have been an enormous blessing.

I'd kill to be in the ACC today (especially since it wouldn't get me kicked out). If I later find out it cost me the Big, I'll worry about that when it happens.
Right, because my post was meant to be completely serious...

What's your deal lately? Zero sense of humor these days.

Reaction Score

If the ACC ever get over the lawsuit done by Richard Blooming Idiot, the esteemed senator, I would accept it, however, if both the B1G and ACC told us at the same time, I would go with the B1G..better upside for our football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom