Louisville fan here, just home from the game | The Boneyard

Louisville fan here, just home from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good gawd you all have a hell of a team and some bigs that just drive opponents and fans crazy. I sure wish Coach Walz would get some bigs like you all have. Hopefully one day our recruiting catches up with you guys to make it a more competitive game should we meet again.

Btw, class act by your coach keeping them out for the Senior ceremony and clapping for our seniors. Respect!

U

UCONNfan1

A lot of UCONN fans were hoping Russell would head to L'ville rather than Tennessee. While the cupboard is hardly bare, UCONN fans are lamenting the lack of bigs on our horizon (or I should say some UCONN fans). I do think it's a concern after Stokes graduates next year, but I'm confident that Geno will have some talented bigs coming in for the 2015 freshman class. I think our 2014 class is done, and it's a terrific quartet of guard/wings.

Still, thanks for the nice comments. Am wondering what you thought of the time out Geno called at the end - it was because Jeff was out of TO's, and Geno wanted Jeff to get his seniors in for the end of the game, but some L'ville fans boo'd...

Reaction Score
Nice to hear from you, Louisville fan. Thanks for posting.

The UConn guards couldn't get it done against your guards, so Geno put in the bigs. No one else like Stewie, though.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Still, thanks for the nice comments. Am wondering what you thought of the time out Geno called at the end - it was because Jeff was out of TO's, and Geno wanted Jeff to get his seniors in for the end of the game, but some L'ville fans boo'd...

Actually I was wondering, thanks for the explanation.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Good gawd you all have a hell of a team and some bigs that just drive opponents and fans crazy. I sure wish Coach Walz would get some bigs like you all have. Hopefully one day our recruiting catches up with you guys to make it a more competitive game should we meet again.

Btw, class act by your coach keeping them out for the Senior ceremony and clapping for our seniors. Respect!

Thanks for stopping by, and congrats on filling the house, that's good for the sport.

Reaction Score
Am wondering what you thought of the time out Geno called at the end - it was because Jeff was out of TO's, and Geno wanted Jeff to get his seniors in for the end of the game, but some L'ville fans boo'd...

Interesting take. Is that what Geno said.....so Jeff could get his seniors out? I personally didn't catch that we were out of timeouts and we wondered why Geno would call a timeout up 20. Watching at home, you keep better track of timeouts with it staring you in the face but in live game action sometimes fans are just too into the game to really notice.

Reaction Score
Thanks for stopping by, and congrats on filling the house, that's good for the sport.
Haven't seen an atmosphere like that for a women's game in a long, long time. It was great. I don't mind the fans being loud and rowdy either. A lot of our home games feel like Sunday brunch at the garden club, then again out of the 9 games UConn has played against top 10 teams this year, only 3 were at home.

sTu

Reaction Score
It is difficult to get the "bigs" as there are even less of them than overall talented women players of average height. UConn is also finding it challenging finding 6-2 plus frontcourt players. To appreciate fully the UConn effect, you might consider that Dolson was not an elite high school talent and it is possible to get it done with three outstanding 6-0 to 6-2 posts (Cash, Jones, Williams). Walz is terrific and he recruits similar type players as UConn (Hammond, Chong). Your team is excellent and will continue to be so. Hope to see your team and ours in Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom