Louisville beats Baylor! ... | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Louisville beats Baylor! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I did hear him and I thought he was playing it low key. He has said the same thing after other Ts and it hasn't stopped him from ever doing it again.
They won...he's bailed out. Lose and it was dumber than dumb!

Reaction Score
If this happens, I will make one final post and then leave the BY for good as I jump off of the roof of my house....better go to my neighbors, it's taller.
We'll hold the net for you, Bruin. Or maybe the trampoline. That might be fun. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If anyone sees this game becoming an instant classic please post its playing time on the board.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Because she plays the game with a lot of energy, it seems like Sims almost never commits a foul (sarcasm) and if she misses any shots while driving, it must mean that someone fouled her, even if the closest player is wearing a Baylor uniform. She seems to have a lot of the Skylar Diggins working for her, though I definitely think she's a better player than Diggins and deserves her success a lot more than Diggins. Without the support of a lot of half ass officials, Diggins would be just another good ballplayer, not a potential All-American.

LOL. Winner of the day for dumb post.

Reaction Score
I blame Vowelguy for this loss. He needs to start one with the title "UCONN Wins National Championship" and it will come true.

Good luck to UCONN the rest of the tourney. Hopefully Dolson gets healthy and can play close to full strength and lead UCONN to a title.
A gracious post, EastTexas. Thanks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Still in shock..... I was on my way back from my parents and was gonna stop at a restaurant to pick up dinner... checked my phone... and saw that Louisville was up double digits with 10 minutes to go..... and I drove straight home. A chance to witness history vs a steak and cheese sub with hash browns...... basketball won out :)

Im very hungry now though :(

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They won...he's bailed out. Lose and it was dumber than dumb!
If it continued as was someone was likely to get hurt. He was protecting his players. he had a 13 point lead and still ended up 9 at the half. The ability of MD to go on a run was backstopped by the clock. UConn comes out fired up in the second half and puts the game away. It was all good.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't love Diggins any more than the average poster on this board
But I think the dunping on her is silly.
She has this ability to bring the game into a form of slow motion; like the Dance in the Gym scene in West Side Story.
You know what she's going to do, its not happening very fast, but you can't do anything about it.
I first noticed it in the first ND victory (over us),
Her going behind foul-line screens; time stopped still, and she drained the shots,
And no one could do anything about it.
She is a a remarkable athlete and a fierce competitor.
Enjoy her.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks for being classy ETT, I know this is a major disappointment, and I hope you will overlook if an overexuberant Husky fan is out of line, it won't be a trend though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She has this ability to bring the game into a form of slow motion; like the Dance in the Gym scene in West Side Story.
You know what she's going to do, its not happening very fast, but you can't do anything about it.
Her going behind foul-line screens; time stopped still, and she drained the shots,
Enjoy her.
The dumping on hasn't been limited to Diggins. :-( I don't know why we need to take personal shots at young women.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If anyone sees this game becoming an instant classic please post its playing time on the board.

I'll say this, I don't remember too many non-UCONN WCBB games, but I'll remember this one!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Thanks for being classy ETT, I know this is a major disappointment, and I hope you will overlook if an overexuberant Husky fan is out of line, it won't be a trend though.

I'll second that Phil. ETT is a class act.

ETT - it's a drag for your team's season to end that way. It took a team hitting 16 threes to beat BU, and barely.

Reaction Score
Hitting those FTs was huge. That girl took the ball right at BG and then stepped up and hit the FTs. She had all the pressure on her and shrugged it off and sealed the game.

I thought Louisville was really rough in the first half but that was cleaned up and I thought played well down the stretch. Baylor waited too long to really press and put pressure on the ball.

Sims had a great offensive game but she did not get BG involved at all. Louisville tempted the Baylor guards to shoot a lot and they took the bait with the guards shooting a combined 41 shots to BG's 10. That has also been my fear with this team, which is they forget to get BG the touches she needs.

But hand it to the Cardinals. They came out and executed a game plan that worked to perfection. Walz completely out coached Mulkey and deserved the win.

No comments on the refs?

Reaction Score
Surprise, surprise a dumb comment by Carolyn peck. She said this upset was at the same level of duke over tenn in 1999.
That certainly was a huge upset, but tonight tops them all. No question.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Enjoy her.
No, lol. I have watched her for 7 years now and while I see the talent everyone else sees, I just cannot root for her success. I tried rooting for her and ND in the Final vs. A&M in 2011, but 30 seconds into the game, I just couldn't do it.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Surprise, surprise a dumb comment by Carolyn peck. She said this upset was at the same level of duke over tenn in 1999.
That certainly was a huge upset, but tonight tops them all. No question.
She also said Brittney should have gotten the ball, put it on the floor and tried to find a way to get more involved offensively. I'm pretty sure you don't want her putting the ball on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom