Lou, Napheesa and De'Janae | The Boneyard

Lou, Napheesa and De'Janae

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
should be arriving in Storrs this weekend for the summer session that begins on Monday.

Welcome! Enjoy your time with Amanda Kimball.

Reaction Score
Who attends the summer session? Is it just the new recruits?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Who attends the summer session? Is it just the new recruits?

No, the upperclassmen will most likely attend as well except for Kia who is with Team Canada.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No, the upperclassmen will most likely attend as well except for Kia who is with Team Canada.
Given Stewie and Moriah are also on National Teams, I'd expect they wouldn't be there for the summer session, unless the WUG's are later in the summer (August or something).

Any word on what Williams is up to? I'm hoping she's working on her guard skills. Same for Chong - she was solid last year but I expect to see another jump for her and more consistent play, and therefore PT...

Reaction Score
Thanks UconnCat and Eric for the information. I thought that maybe with their other summer BB committments that those girls might not be in Storrs at all. Having everyone there certainly helps the new girls to become adjusted to the UCONN way of doing things.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Given Stewie and Moriah are also on National Teams, I'd expect they wouldn't be there for the summer session, unless the WUG's are later in the summer (August or something).

Any word on what Williams is up to? I'm hoping she's working on her guard skills. Same for Chong - she was solid last year but I expect to see another jump for her and more consistent play, and therefore PT...

Stewie and Moriah are playing for the Pan Am team. That team reconvenes on July 3rd and the UConn summer session I ends on July 2nd so I expect Stewie and Moriah to be taking classes. Stewie has been in Storrs since the USA Trials ended. Not sure about Gabby's plans.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard girls. Fasten your seat belt, your going on quite a ride.

Reaction Score
should be arriving in Storrs this weekend for the summer session that begins on Monday.

Welcome! Enjoy your time with Amanda Kimball.
Welcome to Connecticut and Uconn Ladies!!! As Christine has said so often---have fun, play ball, learn and have FUN. When it becomes work in place of fun--Basketball loses it's luster. Have Fun ladies have fun.

Reaction Score
The really good news is they can get down to work immediately! They already know each other, and... no need to catch up because they haven't seen each other in awhile. Hop to, big shoes to fill! :D

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
A lot of student-athletes are enrolled in Summer classes as they miss so much time during the academic year with travel. It's a good time for them to catch up on credit hours.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the new girls on campus working with the veterans. Have we had a more athletic team? I'm expecting Collier and KLS to wow us, and to have them and Butler make major contributions by ten games in. We'll have eight players who could start on any other team in the country.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the new girls on campus working with the veterans. Have we had a more athletic team? I'm expecting Collier and KLS to wow us, and to have them and Butler make major contributions by ten games in. We'll have eight players who could start on any other team in the country.
I'm expecting exactly what you've said. KLS and Collier are going to be special players for the Huskies and Butler is going to surprise a lot of people who undervalue her previous success (freshman of the year in the Big East) . De'Janae is going to be the person of interest because she is easily the least talked about new incoming player and yet she's highly rated. She was injured through part of the year so I don't think she got nearly the exposure of the other two freshmen. We are going to have a lot of food for thought in the early going of next season and the Boneyard will be exploding with commentary!

Reaction Score
De'Janae is going to be the person of interest because she is easily the least talked about new incoming player and yet she's highly rated. She was injured through part of the year so I don't think she got nearly the exposure of the other two freshmen.
Actually, according to Scout, De'Janae is playing on the men's team.:eek:
2015commits.JPG

Reaction Score
I'm expecting exactly what you've said. KLS and Collier are going to be special players for the Huskies and Butler is going to surprise a lot of people who undervalue her previous success (freshman of the year in the Big East) . De'Janae is going to be the person of interest because she is easily the least talked about new incoming player and yet she's highly rated. She was injured through part of the year so I don't think she got nearly the exposure of the other two freshmen. We are going to have a lot of food for thought in the early going of next season and the Boneyard will be exploding with commentary!
Watched a fair amount of De'Janae's play during the 30n 3 tournament. She is fundamentally quite sound and a total team player. She thinks pass first. Very solid defender. She reminded me of a long Kelly Faris. Whether she will have the same impact on the program that Kelly had remains to be seen but she has that kind of potential if the playing time is there.

Reaction Score
How exciting for them all and us fans to see them come October 17th........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, De'Janae, Napheesa, and Lou! Have a great summer. It may be tough at times, but it will make you better than you thought you could be.

Mark your calendars for:

First Night

Opening night

The Final Four

Jim

Reaction Score
Welcome, De'Janae, Napheesa, and Lou! Have a great summer. It may be tough at times, but it will make you better than you thought you could be.

Mark your calendars for:

First Night

Opening night

The Final Four

Championship parade in Hartford

Fixed it for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors