Lots of Chess Moves Ahead | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lots of Chess Moves Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forgot it was a state school. But it is AAU. I think the same criteria make UConn a fit by the way (same U.S. News rank, strong basketball), but Pitt and Cuse were proactive about it, and evidently UConn was not.

How the hell do you know?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How the hell do you know?

Herbst has said that UConn has not applied for admission to any conference. Pitt and Syracuse did. Ergo, they were more proactive.

Reaction Score
Herbst has said that UConn has not applied for admission to any conference. Pitt and Syracuse did. Ergo, they were more proactive.

You do know that you don't apply without an invite, right?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You mean like they did with BC and Miami? I don't have a lot of confidence in Swofford's vision. In fact, while I'd jump at the chance if UConn were offered the ACC my concern would be joining a conference with Swofford as the commissioner.
I keep scratching my head with my hope that UConn gets into the ACC. That conference is at least more united than the BE. Beyond that the football stinks outside of FSU and VT. So what type of contract upgrade can they expect with the likes of Pitt, Cuse, UConn and Rutgers joining the conference if football is the driver. And if the contract upgrade isn't significant than what will keep FSU or VT from going to the SEC. And then the ACC is BE in bb and conference USA in football. Big deal if they have a BCS bid. The money is in the media contracts. Somehow I keep feeling UConn doesn't win if they win.

Reaction Score
You can bet that Herbst is hard at work solidifying some of the perceived UConn weaknesses, such as talking to Malloy re stadium expansion funding. Her reputation for decisive action from past tenures at several of the involved schools in both the Big10 and ACC, as well as her impressive first steps on the job in Storrs, gives her enormous credibility when exhibiting plans to advance the standing of the school. She's believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom