Looks pretty gross | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looks pretty gross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it's funny I was legitimately about to text my buddys "at least Purvis hasn't stepped out of bounds in a game or two" and then he did it. Later on I was thinking man its been awhile since we got an alley oop to brimah, and then that hilarious blooper happened

that being said, grow up people... We've lost a major contributor to injury before a big game against a ranked opponent and then miraculously came out on top. Be a fan!! Sure it looks grim, but if we aren't at least believing we can win games who the hell will?
Grown people don't post on this board or at least post grown people thoughts. I don't know why but I think there is a 'kid in heart' thing going on here.

So that command of yours is mute and void, until the day a thread titled 'Best Retirement Home Pizza' is created.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You can separate the youngsters from the oldsters in this thread.

You are both right.

In the 90's we would CONSTANTLY blow people out. Seldom if ever playing down to competition level. That seemed to shift a bit in the mid 2000's where we would alternate playing down to the competition with some blowouts. In the last 5-8 years I dont recall many blowouts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can separate the youngsters from the oldsters in this thread.

You are both right.

In the 90's we would CONSTANTLY blow people out. Seldom if ever playing down to competition level. That seemed to shift a bit in the mid 2000's where we would alternate playing down to the competition with some blowouts. In the last 5-8 years I dont recall many blowouts.

I'm actually one of the "oldsters" (sort of), but we old folks have hazy memories beyond the last few years. The last really dominant team I recall was what...2009? From 1994 to 2009 we had nine teams that were a #1 or #2 seed. Two others were #5 seeds and one was a #4. That's staggering.

The 2011 NC team landed a #3 seed, but certainly wasn't dominating prior to the Big East tournament.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm actually one of the "oldsters" (sort of), but we old folks have hazy memories beyond the last few years. The last really dominant team I recall was what...2009? From 1994 to 2009 we had nine teams that were a #1 or #2 seed. Two others were #5 seeds and one was a #4. That's staggering.

The 2011 NC team landed a #3 seed, but certainly wasn't dominating prior to the Big East tournament.

No we weren't . The 2006 team should've run roughshod over people I don't remember is doing it much. That was the real start of playing down

Reaction Score
I try to just watcht he replays. Watching us lose live or play like crap and barely win is just too much for my heart to handle. If we lose at least I dont have expectations when starting to watch the game and I can truly watch for what we are doing wrong or look for the good things.. Maybe i'm a bad fan, but i just cant watch this team struggle the way we have on live tv, hurts too much and affects my life more than it should.
I'm slowly transitioning to this. Being able to rewind and having commercials cut out are also great obviously

Reaction Score
No we weren't . The 2006 team should've run roughshod over people I don't remember is doing it much. That was the real start of playing down
It takes a certain coach to instill a killer mentality in their players. JC was so hell bent on destruction his assistants had to tell him when to remove the starters in late game blowouts. He did not allow half ash effort even when the game was decidedly won before the final whistle. There was nothing soft about him or being politically correct.

Some players need a kick in the arse, which I'm not seeing. Not saying Ollie is a nice guy but I do notice a higher tolerance level at UConn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I dunno. Syracuse. UConn. MSG. Just being there for the sheer spectacle of it - the ongoing competition between fan bases, the warm-ups, the intros, even the anthem... - is half the fun in my opinion. Maybe we get smoked, maybe not. You won't know until you go. I bet the folks on the Syracuse board are giving us a much better chance than we are after their last two games.

We're fans. I'm fine with defining the term as liberally as you'd like, as I pretty much do the same, but...this is kind of part of it. Sometimes you have bad teams and you go to the games anyway, not out of guilt but out of habit. Trust me those of you who gave up your tickets will be there by Monday, if for no other reason than there is no way you can post on the boneyard in July and then not go to the game you've looked forward to for months.

Read in 'Field of Dreams' James Earl Jones voice.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Syracuse is not that good; my Gamecocks just slaughtered them in a quasi-home game for them in Brooklyn. Play good D and you're in the game.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to be a good fan and just watch the games and cheer the team on with no expectations and looking for improvement. But boy, this team is not too easy on the eyes. It's hard not to get frustrated watching them. Anyone have good advice on how to watch this year's team without ripping out your eyeballs?
Don't watch it live. Record the game. Check the score on the internet to properly set your expectations, which will probably be quite low. Then play the recording, fast forwarding it frequently, so that you prevent any possibility of damage to your eyes. Upon completing the replay of the recording, promptly delete it so that it will have no possibility of harming anyone.

Now as for a serious answer, just try to focus on a few players that appear to be improving and take those improvements as small moral victories for this season. If our expectation is to witness an entertaining team and expect many wins, we'll all be very disappointed. I wish that statement would be proven false, but I doubt it. I tend to be a pretty optimistic UConn fan, but I can't muster up much optimism based on what I've seen so far.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is not that good; my Gamecocks just slaughtered them in a quasi-home game for them in Brooklyn. Play good D and you're in the game.

We don't play good UConn D and we can't shoot, how you feeling about our chances now?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It would be generous to say you've seen us play basketball even if you had put one of our games on TV while it was happening.

I told you Syracuse wasn't very good...

Reaction Score
So where are all the sky is falling babies now? crying in advance of Ohio State inevitably crushing us by 50??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom