Looking forward to Dayton Tonight | The Boneyard

Looking forward to Dayton Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dayton has been fun to watch in the tournament. I really enjoy teams that put the emphasis on team play like UConn, Notre Dame, and in this tournament, Dayton and Gonzaga. Was at the game Saturday night, and their band is a hoot with multiple outfits and shimmy, shimmy go go rocks moves. They share the ball well and their guards effectively drive to the basket which has been the one area where UConn sometimes fails in defending. It is hard not to like them....BUT, all good things must come to an end and I would be very happy with another route tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Kaleena goes out with a bang. 20 pts/game for the next three with her ending up with 400+ career 3s would be nice.

And I am hoping that there will be three more games for her to wear the UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Kaleena goes out with a bang. 20 pts/game for the next three with her ending up with 400+ career 3s would be nice.
Yes, we need her to rank as the new No 3 on career score list at UConn. I think she is only a few points away to rank above DT and 57 more points to move above Sales. It does look slim to break NCAA single season 3-pointers no that there are only three games left.

Reaction Score
Five more 3s to break the record in hopefully 3 more games is certainly possible for KML especially if defenses turn their attention to slowing down Stewart and Jefferson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Five more 3s to break the record in hopefully 3 more games is certainly possible for KML especially if defenses turn their attention to slowing down Stewart and Jefferson.
Assuming we play 3 more games, if she hits 2 per game, she gets the record. I sense that she will go off in at least one game for 4 or 5. She had about 4 wide open shots in a 4 minute stretch vs. Texas and missed them all. That won't happen again...

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to this UConn-Dayton game. There will be 2 teams that play an intricate offense and hustle all over the floor.

ND played some nice ball this weekend, but the games in some of the other regionals over the weekend left a lot to be desired. For example, the winner of the Greensboro regional had 28 assists and 27 turnovers for its two games. Those games were interesting because they were close, not because it was good basketball. In fact, they were brutal to watch.

One of the best games in the tournament was the opener between Green Bay and Princeton. Nice game to watch.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Stoke shut them down in the paint tonight and with some good picks by BS and MT, KML should get her 4-5 treys .

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
An optomist stood in front of a firing squad. As they offered him the blindfold, he declined it. "They might all miss."

-or-

As my own much respected stats prof used to say, "If you flip a nickel enough times, it will eventually land on its edge."

See Dayton? There is hope. Right?

Reaction Score
Seems like the strategy employed is face guard K, have one plus help on Stewie and play a zone on everyone else and hope for the best. What has seemed to improve dramatically in the last 6-8 weeks is 3 point shooting. Tuck is hitting them now, Stewie too, and Mo has continued to hit them at an insane clip. The 3 ball is what has made this team unstoppable since around that South Carolina game. All 5 starters can shoot from outside, with 2 of the starters able to do so at about 50% or better. Let's hope the hot shooting continues for the next week.

Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong, but I think people are underestimating how tough a challenge we may get (for a while) tonight. If any team could challenge us it's a team that can score and Dayton has 5 scorers on the floor. They also pass it incredibly well and have good size and athleticism.

Someone posted after the Louisville-Dayton game they were happy it was Dayton and not Louisville. But Dayton was clearly the better team.

Reaction Score
About ready to leave for Albany just to see all of this come true.

Reaction Score
Dayton has scored 78, 99 and 82 against Iowa, Kentucky and Louisville, winning by 12, 5, and 16. It looks like UConn will need both good offense and good defense to prevail tonight.

HGN

Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong, but I think people are underestimating how tough a challenge we may get (for a while) tonight. If any team could challenge us it's a team that can score and Dayton has 5 scorers on the floor. They also pass it incredibly well and have good size and athleticism.

Someone posted after the Louisville-Dayton game they were happy it was Dayton and not Louisville. But Dayton was clearly the better team.
I agree Sweet............This game has me a little nervous. Dayton has 2 6'4" Bigs that can shoot it from outside and can run the floor. Those type players give UConn the most problems.

Reaction Score
Do you really think Ally Malott will outplay Breanna? When they turn the ball over, UConn will be at the other end of the floor laying it in for two. Dayton does not have the athletes that UConn has. It will be close for a while, but UConn wins by at least 20.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Good to see some posters are sacrificing themselves again to the mojo gods, like those who warned how dangerous Texas was and what a strong defensive team the Horns were. Those offerings completely disguised any excess hubris shown elsewhere on the BY before the 105-54 win.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed that Dayton fouls a lot? Malot has fouled out of the last 2 games (although in the final minutes) and the team has committed nearly 300 more fouls than UCONN in 2 less games. Our offense is much more mobile than anything they have seen this year. If they've had trouble against Louisiville or Kentucky, I wonder how they'll play UCONN.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed that Dayton fouls a lot? Malot has fouled out of the last 2 games (although in the final minutes) and the team has committed nearly 300 more fouls than UCONN in 2 less games. Our offense is much more mobile than anything they have seen this year. If they've had trouble against Louisiville or Kentucky, I wonder how they'll play UCONN.
I noticed this and was surprised by it. Teams that get this far are generally pretty disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom