Looked like Amida still struggling with hand | The Boneyard

Looked like Amida still struggling with hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was clearly evident on the hambone to Amida ally oops. The slam speed was surely lacking.

Reaction Score
I didn't notice it getting re-injured. Did I miss something? He's clearly having a hard time on the offensive end. Doesn't seem to have be able to handle the ball properly when going up for a shot. But my feeling was that was just because he has two fingers taped together.

Fortunately, we're still getting good minutes from Nolan, and Enoch has shown a few bright spots in the last couple outings. So Amidah can be eased in gradually and adds a good body to the rotation to eat some fouls.

Reaction Score
He kinda looked like the typical amida to me. Maybe some of us have forgotten, but Amida sorta sucks under the hoop with the ball. If it's not an alley oop dunk I'd rather see him get the ball and shoot around the foul line.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There were 2 possessions which really showed he had no control of the ball (not the old dropping the ball)

Reaction Score
There were 2 possessions which really showed he had no control of the ball (not the old dropping the ball)
Needless to say, i hope he's not actually playing with an injury, but it didn't look too out of line with what I've seen before. I need a bigger sample to say for sure.

Reaction Score
He is clearly struggling to hold onto the ball. The two times he had possession of the ball under the basket he couldn't get it up and into the basket. He resort to hold the ball on his palm not with his fingertips wrapped around the ball causing him to lose control of the ball.

Reaction Score
He's always missed passes so it's not that, the lay ups maybe but this isn't an offensive juggernaut anyway so no sense in worrying about that. He's there to block shots and keep people away, when he's not doing that we will need to worry.

Reaction Score
His fingers are taped together and that is probably the problem. Besides being a good guy, the Doc that operated him is outstanding.

Reaction Score
His fingers are taped together and that is probably the problem. Besides being a good guy, the Doc that operated him is outstanding.

Was it Dr Danzz?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I didn't notice it getting re-injured. Did I miss something? He's clearly having a hard time on the offensive end. Doesn't seem to have be able to handle the ball properly when going up for a shot. But my feeling was that was just because he has two fingers taped together.

Fortunately, we're still getting good minutes from Nolan, and Enoch has shown a few bright spots in the last couple outings. So Amidah can be eased in gradually and adds a good body to the rotation to eat some fouls.
Exactly. He will get better. Him returning, even in a limited role gives breathers to Nolan, Miller and Facey. In addition those who get in foul trouble are easily replaced for bench time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On a side note I felt the team looked really good when Nolan was playing versus when AB was playing. That's both on the offensive and defensive ends. His rebounding has significantly improved albeit his baseline was low. Nola has played really well over the last six games with the one glaring exception being the Cinci game.

Reaction Score
Lol, no Rodner at UConn. Young guy who was a pretty good athlete himself. But he did operate on me.

Rodner is awesome, he may be doing a wrist surgery on me in the near future if it doesn't improve through therapy.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe some of us have forgotten, but Amida sorta sucks under the hoop with the ball. If it's not an alley oop dunk I'd rather see him get the ball and shoot around the foul line.

Strongly disagree with this. Amida has shown to be very good under the hoop with the ball.

Reaction Score
He may have jammed it. I saw him shaking his hand in pain at one point so you're not just imagining this

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree with this. Amida has shown to be very good under the hoop with the ball.

No doubt when he took those 2 shots in a row with no iron either the finger itself or the wrap was bothering him. But NoDakota has a point too;), not like he's Shonn Miller around the hole.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No doubt when he took those 2 shots in a row with no iron either the finger itself or the wrap was bothering him. But NoDakota has a point too;), not like he's Shonn Miller around the hole.

There was another possession after that that looked the same. Like you said, it won't reduce our scoring a whole lot

Reaction Score
As bad as Amida is at handling passes and offensive moves with the ball, this injury has made it worse. That said his 20 minutes of lobs and shot alterations give us something we need. Wonder how long he has to be taped?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He doesn't have Shonn's footwork, obviously, but he's always been hyper aware of the basket with his back to it when inside of 3 feet. He makes pretty good decisions when he can dunk it on the oop or when he needs to take it back down and he's been adept at using the rim to ward off defenders coming in on the other side. We've seen him reach behind his head with his back to the basket and lay the ball in without looking on countless occasions. He doesn't finish through contact or have a drop step or anything, but he surely doesn't suck underneath the hoop to the point where you would rather have him shooting from 15 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom