Local Story from Michigan Paper | The Boneyard

Local Story from Michigan Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weist's promotion culminates a journey that began when he decided to attend the University of Alabama as a walk-on wide receiver at 6-foot-3, 130 pounds.
"I doubted all his moves," said his father, Dan Weist, who still resides in Bay City. "I know that's terrible for a parent to say, but to say he's going to play at Alabama? To say he's going to coach at Michigan? Who would believe it? But he always had that passion."
Weist played in just two games with the Crimson Tide, but he remained part of one of the nation's elite programs for all four seasons. After a short stint as a volunteer assistant at Alabama, he made the move to Michigan in the days following the retirement of Bo Schembechler.
Now the youngest of Dan and Mary Lu Weist's eight children has his first opportunity to craft his own head coaching legacy.
"We're getting calls from all his old college teammates and guys who played for him saying 'They're getting the best man ever,'" Dan Weist said. "Whether he wins or loses is not part of his agenda. He's there to coach and show what kind of person he is."

http://www.mlive.com/sports/bay-city/index.ssf/2013/09/bay_city_native_and_former_uni.html

Reaction Score
He is obviously incredibly intelligent and has a very versatile mind. If he succeeds this season, I have no issue with him remaining beyond this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom